• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MFE program's nationality composition

Before asking a question, this is nothing to do with racial discrimination. (I am not racist. I hate racism.) I just want to figure out why.

Why there are lots of students from China for MFE program? Is just lots of Chinese students are more qualified?
or They are just more applying than others?

Before asking a question, this is nothing to do with racial discrimination. (I am not racist. I hate racism.) I just want to figure out why.

Why there are lots of students from China for MFE program? Is just lots of Chinese students are more qualified?
or They are just more applying than others?
According to my friend(she is from China), MFE programs are suited for mathematical oriented grads(Which China produces constantly). This phenomenon occurs throughout mathematical oriented fields such as computer science, EE,stats,finance etc. I mean I looked at the backgrounds of students who got their math degrees from tsinghua and they are in class from 9am to normally about 7pm at night. On top of that the students are selected among the brightest high school students with the only regard is their GaoKao scores. As you can see here, it is only natural that China can produce far more qualified undergrads that specializes in mathematical fields than in the USA. And also any student who cant pay and manages to go to good college in China,has all their cost covered(including personal expenses). So students are normally left with zero undergrad debt and are free to pursue grad degrees.

Last edited:
Back