• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin 2013 Waiting List

Just accepted a place on the waiting list. Does anybody have any insights into chances or process based or Round I admissions or past experience?

It looks like there are several of us in this position from the tracker. Guess we'll have to see at the online chat on Monday

Hopefully Andy can provide some insight

Or we can all wait till the online chat.

From what I've seen on the forum our chances don't look that great though..

At least you don't get rejected outright ;)
It depends on their yield rate (how many people will accept the offer). Just keep track of the Tracker and see how many people with admit will select Yes in the Will Join column.
In years past, they even have to offer scholarship for people to defer enrollment until next year because the program is oversubscribed. It's not clear they will have same problem this year.
https://www.quantnet.com/threads/oversubscribed-mit-mfin-offers-admitted-students-8k-to-defer.6320/

any idea whats usually the acceptance rate after WL? im assuming < 10%?

believe last year was oversubscribed.. so probably 0%.

Hopefully (and note: being very optimistic here) they admitted fewer so as not to oversubscribe, and in turn us waitlisters will have a better shot.

Just wishful thinking over here :cry:

from what i've heard, there were a couple 5-6 that are in the program now that were waitlisted. from what i've seen on forums, it seems the number of WL> REJ+ADMIT or close to it...

Was everyones WL letter signed by Rod Garcia? Just wondering if I was to send an email. Should I address it to him? my interviewer? or who?

And now, for the most ridiculous question from the online waitlist chat for your entertainment:

I wonder if it is possible that an admitted student who personally want to give up a place recommend some waitlisted applicant. Will you re-consider the recommended applicant's profile and chance of admission under this circumstance? Thanks!!

Nothing like good ol' bribery.

Ha ha I saw that one.

There is also the guy who spammed like 5 questions that were already answered.

Yea, seriously. Based on the caliber of these questions, I'd say the odds look decent. Then again, I know better than to think that.

Yeah I was thinking that.

But who knows..

Nothing really concrete came out of this chat.

Can't agree more, it is totally unequal situation, MIT don't want to provide any specific data for the Waiting Listers...

Hi anyone heard from MIT yet? Also any ideas until when we can expect a call from them?

I imagine earliest you would hear would be mid-april when the intent for those who have offers is due.

Yeah that's what I thought... well the wait is surely a long one... especially when we have no concrete info to go by.

Yeah.. during the chat, they said "anytime till class starts"...

Not very concrete at all!

I was admitted from the wait list on Friday via phone call. Best of luck to everyone in the waiting game.

Back