• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Class of 2016 Applications

Congrats on getting the interview! are there any spots left in cambridge? This waiting is killing me >_<

If you look at the interview dates from last year, there were some people from Canada and Latin America who got interviews around the 20-27th of February. Assuming that people from Canada or Latin America (that person was from Ecuador I think) gets interviewed at Cambridge as well, there should at least be one more round at the campus.

Hang in there!

If you look at the interview dates from last year, there were some people from Canada and Latin America who got interviews around the 20-27th of February. Assuming that people from Canada or Latin America (that person was from Ecuador I think) gets interviewed at Cambridge as well, there should at least be one more round at the campus.

Hang in there!
Seems like there are not many chances left :( but thanks a lot for the information!

Let's have a quick analysis and check whether the remaining ones are going to receive anything.

London - 40 Slots
Mumbai - 30 Slots
Shanghai - 30 Slots
NewYork - 30 Slots
Paris - 30 Slots
Cambridge - 40 Slots
Singapore - 20 Slots

In Total - 220 Slots

Which implies they will send more invites as they admitted 175 last time and must have interviewed atleast 250. But the second thing is the adcom told me that we will receive the final reply by 16th feb.

Correct me if i did some mistake.

Last edited:
Let's have a quick analysis and check whether the remaining ones are going to receive anything.

London - 40 Slots
Mumbai - 30 Slots
Shanghai - 30 Slots
NewYork - 30 Slots
Paris - 30 Slots

In Total - 160 Slots

Which implies they will send more invites as they admitted 175 last time and must have interviewed atleast 250. But the second thing is the adcom told me that we will receive the final reply by 16th feb.

I think we missed Cambridge, which could be 80-100. So we can reach 250 using that.

But I believe they would have interviewed more than 250 people for 175 offers.

Last edited:
I think we missed Cambridge, which could be maybe 80-100. So we can reach 250 using that.

But I believe they would have interviewed more than 250 people for 175 offers.

What percent of interviewed applicants are admitted?
For the MFin Class of 2015, approximately one-third of interviewed applicants were admitted.
- See more at: http://mitsloan.mit.edu/mfin/admissions/faq-and-chat/#FAQ Admissions

Yep... Seems like there would be a second round of invitations..
Good thing for me to get a good sleep in India :P
Atleast for a few days.

London - 40 Slots
Mumbai - 30 Slots
Shanghai - 30 Slots
NewYork - 30 Slots
Paris - 30 Slots
Cambridge - 40 Slots
Singapore - 20 Slots

In Total - 220 Slots

Paris and new york??? I dont think they are conducting interview in these cities. Also, you missed Beijing.

London - 40 Slots
Mumbai - 30 Slots
Shanghai - 30 Slots
NewYork - 30 Slots
Paris - 30 Slots
Cambridge - 40 Slots
Singapore - 20 Slots

In Total - 220 Slots

besides these previous mistakes, it is possible that they may interview around 200 students in China this year ( at least 140). this is an estimate from someone in chasedream. (60 to 70 slots in each city per week)

besides these previous mistakes, it is possible that they may interview around 200 students in China this year ( at least 140). this is an estimate from someone in chasedream. (60 to 70 slots in each city per week)
Yes, that might be possible. But I would believe that the situation would be same in previous years as well.

Also, even if you plug in china's numbers and take out the redundant numbers, count would be close to 300-320, which I believe is insufficient if they have to roll out 170-180 offers.

If you go through last year's thread, people received offers till as late as 11th Feb.

So, I would assume that a few more offers are still on the table.

Yes, that might be possible. But I would believe that the situation would be same in previous years as well.

Also, even if you plug in china's numbers and take out the redundant numbers, count would be close to 300-320, which I believe is insufficient if they have to roll out 170-180 offers.

If you go through last year's thread, people received offers as late as 11th Feb.

So, I would assume that a few more offers are still on the table.

i dont want to kill everyone's hope. i somewhat agree with you that there will be very few more (very small). in fact, i believe they already review all applications at this point. so now if they feel some interviews are too bad and decide to invite a few more, they may do so next week. honestly, no one really knows until feb 16th. the chance now just seems so slim. i saw you living in India now. i really hate to tell you this: they seem to send all invites in one wave for non-on-campus interviews (definitely the case in China).

Back