• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Class of 2016 Applications

I haven't heard anything. I am really anxious as well.
If chosen for interview, I think I'll have to fly in to Cambridge

i believe some international students got interviews invitations on friday. dont know if any US person got invited.

i read it on another forum. i dont see any reasons why they would lie abt this. both ppl are invited to shanghai. maybe mit wants to interview chinese students early to avoid the terrible traffic leading up to chinese new year?
i dont think mit selects candidates based on submission time since one of the students submitted 5 min before deadline.

i read it on another forum. i dont see any reasons why they would lie abt this. both ppl are invited to shanghai. maybe mit wants to interview chinese students early to avoid the terrible traffic leading up to chinese new year?
i dont think mit selects candidates based on submission time since one of the students submitted 5 min before deadline.

Hi, i'm just curious, is this the link to the forum: http://forum.chasedream.com/thread-944927-1-1.html? I've also seen some discussions on some int'l students getting invites here: http://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-mit-mfin-class-of-2016-2015-intake-191589-20.html unless you guys are referring to the same link.

But the conversation in the Chasedream link is difficult to understand, even with google translate.

Last edited:
Hi, i'm just curious, is this the link to the forum: http://forum.chasedream.com/thread-944927-1-1.html? I've also seen some discussions on some int'l students getting invites here: http://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-mit-mfin-class-of-2016-2015-intake-191589-20.html unless you guys are referring to the same link.

But the conversation in the Chasedream link is difficult to understand, even with google translate.

I am a Native Chinese speaker and I took a look at the Chasedream forum. As far as I can tell, no one say they get the interview invite in the reply.

There is a poll, and "I get the interview invite" is one of the options. There are several guys who voted for that. However, you cannot see the result unless you vote for something. So my guess is that those guys just want to see the result and click a random option. I spot-checked several IDs that voted for that option, and did NOT find anything concrete in the reply.

My guess is that the vast majority of invites has NOT been sent out. Quantnet have a lot of users from China and India. If they are sending out invites to oversea students, someone would have updated the tracker. Also, I look at another Chinese forum. There are no posts about receiving interview invite. So, keep waiting.

I am a Native Chinese speaker and I took a look at the Chasedream forum. As far as I can tell, no one say they get the interview invite in the reply.

There is a poll, and "I get the interview invite" is one of the options. There are several guys who voted for that. However, you cannot see the result unless you vote for something. So my guess is that those guys just want to see the result and click a random option. I spot-checked several IDs that voted for that option, and did NOT find anything concrete in the reply.

My guess is that the vast majority of invites has NOT been sent out. Quantnet have a lot of users from China and India. If they are sending out invites to oversea students, someone would have updated the tracker. Also, I look at another Chinese forum. There are no posts about receiving interview invite. So, keep waiting.

Thanks, your post was very helpful!

Also, for added information, MIT will be closed Monday and Tuesday due to blizzard: http://emergency.mit.edu

Thank you for the information. I am assuming they are waiting out the snowstorm first.
I'll definitely keep my profile/status here up to date if I hear anything.
And regarding the previous chinese site, there's not much additional information provided. It's very similar to what we have in this thread with people inquiring about interview updates with no concrete response confirming that they received an invite.

Just a heads up from mit.edu:

To Members of the MIT Campus Community,
As you know, the Institute is currently closed due to the snowstorm that began last night.
In order to allow time for clean-up, the Institute will remain closed until 5 PM on Wednesday, January 28, 2015.

Just a heads up from mit.edu:

To Members of the MIT Campus Community,
As you know, the Institute is currently closed due to the snowstorm that began last night.
In order to allow time for clean-up, the Institute will remain closed until 5 PM on Wednesday, January 28, 2015.
Meaning there'll be no invite sent today.

well MIT has been closed for past three days or so. it would be weird if you did hear something from them.
so far it seems that no one has gotten interview invites. i guess it is a good news.

Received email this afternoon and will be interviewed on next Wednesday in MIT campus.

Back