• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Class of 2016 Applications

The wait is killing...
Have received nothing and I'm in China now so do not expect much...
Anyone knows any available slots in Beijing and Shanghai? Can't find any info online

To anyone out there who has received/will receive an interview invite for London: "keep us posted"!!!

hi @EddyS ... Congrats for the invite. Can you please tell when did you receive the invite and were all the slots booked or still available?

yesterday...like half of the slots were still to be taken
Thanks for the info eddy.....Maybe they were up for the grab because people might not have selected by then. Though I would love it to be otherwise. Anyway all the best for the interview :)

Is there any basis on which some people are sent interview invites before others? I had a look at a few old MIT MFin threads here at QN, and this person on one of these was wondering if the strongest applicants receive invites early.

I'm trying to determine if there's a particular underlying logic behind the order in which invites are dispatched.

Is there any basis on which some people are sent interview invites before others? I had a look at a few old MIT MFin threads here at QN, and this person on one of these was wondering if the strongest applicants receive invites early.

I'm trying to determine if there's a particular underlying logic behind the order in which invites are dispatched.
I don't think that the strongest receives invites earlier. Not for the interview stage at least. They go through applications in tranches and select roughly 1/3rd.

The wait is killing...
Have received nothing and I'm in China now so do not expect much...
Anyone knows any available slots in Beijing and Shanghai? Can't find any info online
China too. Still get no update.
Want some information in Beijing and Shanghai.

I don't think that the strongest receives invites earlier. Not for the interview stage at least. They go through applications in tranches and select roughly 1/3rd.

They're going through them in tranches all right, but surely the process isn't entirely random. They must be grouping a bunch of applications together based on some commonality, say the date of submission, or the country/region from which the applicants come, before decisions are made. What do you think, @inlondon ?

They're going through them in tranches all right, but surely the process isn't entirely random. They must be grouping a bunch of applications together based on some commonality, say the date of submission, or the country/region from which the applicants come, before decisions are made. What do you think, @inlondon ?
I haven't heard about someone who got an interview invitation in London. Also, if you look into invites, they have been previously sent according to interview locations. So I believe it can be based on locations. Well that's what I think and the reality may be different.

Could be the case given that they only had a single deadline this time. which post are you referring to?

Back