• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Class of 2016 Applications

Hey guys,

So I had an interview last week (if anyone has questions for me don't hesitate to PM me), but one point my interviewer brought up was that I should submit a professional recommendation. I called my manager at my previous internship (large bank working IB there), and they said they would have been able to but HR does not allow recommendations for people who aren't full time employees. Will this really hold me back? I thought the interview went really well and I feel like I have a strong application, but I worried about this. Any insight would be really helpful!

Lot of rejections today. Very sorry for those didn't get in MIT MFin program. If you guys have applied to other programs, please update them as well and I hope you get in a program of your choice.
Have these letters been sent to the people who weren't invited for the interview or those who were?

Hey guys,

So I had an interview last week (if anyone has questions for me don't hesitate to PM me), but one point my interviewer brought up was that I should submit a professional recommendation. I called my manager at my previous internship (large bank working IB there), and they said they would have been able to but HR does not allow recommendations for people who aren't full time employees. Will this really hold me back? I thought the interview went really well and I feel like I have a strong application, but I worried about this. Any insight would be really helpful!

Hey Ramneik, I hope for your sake this doesn't hold you back. Just to be clear, did they merely point out that your professional recommendation wasn't from a professional email address, or is there more to it? The fact that you were selected for an interview in itself shows you're strongly being considered for admission.
You can't do much now, so just be patient and hope for the best :)

Did anyone receive any reply confirming the acceptance of their application and extension of an offer?

@inlondon nope. i haven't received anything. 9 days to go and I think I'm more stressed now than 5 minutes before the interview.

ah ok no worries! I just wanted to make sure it was the 9th and other people were told the same in their interviews!

Will the letters of acceptance be mailed on the 9th itself. I am sort of tired of refreshing my inbox every 15 minutes. -_-

Should be a call and/or email on that day if accepted. Rejections are sent out by email update from apply yourself.

Back