• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Class of 2016 Applications

I'm checking my phone and email like crazy. And AdCom might have a chill barbecue right now, because they start sending answers on Monday.

Yes, I was asked about "Why MIT". My weakest answer I guess. And yes, I received an invite to a chat. And no (damn), no call yet. :(
what did you say for the question? I doubt it was as weak as you think it was.

what did you say for the question? I doubt it was as weak as you think it was.

i was too generic. oh, because the top brand, fascinating subjects (gave 2 examples), and the network. so my interviewer said "ok... but why MIT?". so I added that its a tech school, so great for someone who wants to work in VC, and finance research practicum, and classes with MBAs. I dunno if I convinced her with my answer. now, i'd describe each subject i want to take.

+ I think the answers will be on Monday. its 3:20pm and no one got an answer so far (at least here).

i was too generic. oh, because the top brand, fascinating subjects (gave 2 examples), and the network. so my interviewer said "ok... but why MIT?". so I added that its a tech school, so great for someone who wants to work in VC, and finance research practicum, and classes with MBAs. I dunno if I convinced her with my answer. now, i'd describe each subject i want to take.

+ I think the answers will be on Monday. its 3:20pm and no one got an answer so far (at least here).
I think that's an excellent response. There's not a right answer to that anyway. I always reflect back on my interview thinking how I could have answer this or that differently.

Is it possible they do it later in the day as to call individuals when they are not at work?

Yea I think you're underselling yourself! It's a good response, they don't have a specific answer in mind. It wasn't too generic at all

After following this thread for some time and reading how @Willyboy is strongly claiming that decisions will be released today, I had to make an account just to tell @Willyboy that NO ITS NOT GOING TO COME OUT TODAY SO JUST GO OUT ENJOY THE WEEKEND AND WAIT FOR NEXT MONDAY thanks

@therakc , @Ramneik Bathla , MIT is my only application as of today, so i'm freaking out. we'll see on monday, but thanks. :) Monday, because half of the class of 2016 is sleeping already (in Asia its middle of the night)

After following this thread for some time and reading how @Willyboy is strongly claiming that decisions will be released today, I had to make an account just to tell @Willyboy that NO ITS NOT GOING TO COME OUT TODAY SO JUST GO OUT ENJOY THE WEEKEND AND WAIT FOR NEXT MONDAY thanks
Thanks for the info! Is this officially from Sloan?

well my interviewer told me that people who got accepted will either receive a call or an email on Monday (March 9th).

Also, if you guys look at the threads from previous years, all decisions will be released on the same day. It seems like decisions get released from as early as 8am EST until 7pm EST

well my interviewer told me that people who got accepted will either receive a call or an email on Monday (March 9th).

Also, if you guys look at the threads from previous years, all decisions will be released on the same day. It seems like decisions get released from as early as 8am EST until 7pm EST
Ok, sounds good. I could have sworn I saw a post from the past that said calls usually went out a day before the deadline. Sorry to get everyone extra nervous today! And good luck to everyone on Monday!

Ok, sounds good. I could have sworn I saw a post from the past that said calls usually went out a day before the deadline. Sorry to get everyone extra nervous today! And good luck to everyone on Monday!
Good luck all!

in the meantime.. how were your interviews guys? any difficult questions? we had an interviewee who came in with her pajamas on lol

in the meantime.. how were your interviews guys? any difficult questions? we had an interviewee who came in with her pajamas on lol
Mine was pretty brief (in Cambridge) - around 20 minutes, but my interviewer and I are fast talkers. Very typical interview questions. Why MIT? and quite a few behavioral questions. I think there was a lot of focus on teamwork.

Mine was pretty brief (in Cambridge) - around 20 minutes, but my interviewer and I are fast talkers. Very typical interview questions. Why MIT? and quite a few behavioral questions. I think there was a lot of focus on teamwork.

Yeah.. When I attended their MFin event they told me that MIT really puts focus on teamwork and that its important to reflect your teamwork abilities on your application and interview.

i didn't have any question on teamwork. it was more about convincing people, my career plans, my previous experience, why mit, etc. 40 min and the last 5-10 chit chatting about food. enjoyed a lot.

It seems MIT indeed called successful applicants a day before to surprise them. I received a call yesterday around 10pm(I am in China). The caller is my interviewer Diane Jordan and she said that official email will be sent on 9th March. It seems they will also mail a package to your address.

Back