• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Class of 2018 Applications (2017 Admission)

All the very best to everyone awaiting interview call from MIT.

INFO from mitadmissions.com website:
  • Interviews are by invitation only and are a requirement for admission.
  • Interview invitations will begin going out on Monday, January 23rd and will continue to be sent on a rolling basis. We make every effort to send interview invitations at least 1 week prior to your interview date. The timing of your interview invitation is not a reflection of the strength of your candidacy. It’s about ensuring the quality and consistency of reviews and to ensure things go smoothly with interview sign-ups.
  • Interviews will be held from January 30 – February 22.
  • Interviews will be conducted in person in several key locations around the globe including Cambridge MA, London, Mumbai, Santiago, Singapore, Beijing, and Shanghai.
  • Candidates who are invited to interview will sign up for a 45-minute to 1-hour time block and will meet with 1-2 interviewers.
  • The interview will consist of both a behavioral assessment and a career assessment.

First interview dates should have been out by now. Can anyone post an update?

EDIT: someone (Anon) updated their status on the tracker. Interview on 31st Jan.

Do you know if the interview is technical, any quant notions required ?

Thanks for opening this :) I believe they will send out invites based on preferred location - i.e., first to those who chose Cambridge MA, then China, India and later on Europe.
By the way, where are you guys based?

Thank you, I will have the interview at Cambridge MA, good luck for all of you

Looks like 3 people received interview requests in London. (See Tracker)
will more invites be sent out for London? Would be nice to know the slots left still.

I reached out to them, and the admission assistant told me that my application is still "under review" and the invitation would still be sent out till February 22nd. I guess there are still hopes, but I didn't ask how many slots left for the Cambridge site. Could anyone who got the interview invitation help update this number?

The interview invites for London are sent and the interviews will take place from 13 to 16 Feb

Back