• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Class of 2018 Applications (2017 Admission)

Rejected too. I guess it's because of the pre-recorded interview. I prepared for it for like a day and double checked several times that it has been uploaded. Yet, they said they have not received it. When I emailed the admission, they said they can not do anything about this... Whatever.. I am a little disappointed about their admission process. I know someone who held the same degree at my school, around the same GPA, but lower GRE score, and almost no internship experience, got invited to their interview last year. lol. Either this year is super competitive, or they just don't care about their candidates.

Rejected too. I guess it's because of the pre-recorded interview. I prepared for it for like a day and double checked several times that it has been uploaded. Yet, they said they have not received it. When I emailed the admission, they said they can not do anything about this... Whatever.. I am a little disappointed about their admission process. I know someone who held the same degree at my school, around the same GPA, but lower GRE score, and almost no internship experience, got invited to their interview last year. lol. Either this year is super competitive, or they just don't care about their candidates.
You're super competitive...
Not surprising they rejected me too...
You deserve better lol

I feel you man, but sometimes we need to accept failure, and move on!! Best of luck to you. You don't know what i just experienced today....3 rejections per day make me desperate now....

I know you just join here, but could you kindly post your profile on the tracker? Also, could you recall how many slots left when you register for your interview?

Best of luck to you!

Thank you!

I did post my profile on the tracker. I believe there were plenty of slots still when I looked...about 15-20 days available, although I'm not sure how many slots in each day. I chose Feb 20, which had 4 or 5 slots for the day.

Hey, guys, if someone who's in for the last round wants to practice a bit for the interview, send me a pm, and we can set up a Skype to cross-question each other.
G'luck,
Den

I feel you man, but sometimes we need to accept failure, and move on!! Best of luck to you. You don't know what i just experienced today....3 rejections per day make me desperate now....

At least you already have an offer! That is a great option.:)

I haven't heard back from any yet. Just finished an interview with Berkeley today. Lots of data questions and I don't think I did very well. :(

Hope you the best of the luck!

At least you already have an offer! That is a great option.:)

I haven't heard back from any yet. Just finished an interview with Berkeley today. Lots of data questions and I don't think I did very well. :(

Hope you the best of the luck!

Thank you. Best of luck to you on Berkeley, as it's a very good program (probably on par with CMU's MSCF and MIT's MSF as well). I would be happy to get an interview with CMU's MSCF and some PhD programs man...The thing is I'm far more ambitious than the current reality, so I consider the current result sub-par. It's all about how we adjust our expectation, at the end of the day:)

Sorry, I'm kind of late and I am not sure if the "not invited to interview" e-mails were sent out.. But I received an interview last Friday 2/3 and there were only 3 slots available on 2/21. Best of luck to all of you interviewing and to everyone else as well.

P.S. is the fact that I received my interview so late mean anything about my application (considering its rolling and stuff)?

Sorry, I'm kind of late and I am not sure if the "not invited to interview" e-mails were sent out.. But I received an interview last Friday 2/3 and there were only 3 slots available on 2/21. Best of luck to all of you interviewing and to everyone else as well.

P.S. is the fact that I received my interview so late mean anything about my application (considering its rolling and stuff)?

No, they've posted in admissions blog that the order of invitations has nothing to do with the power of your application. Good luck !

I reread all my Sloan emails twice and i didn't see anything about extra optional essay :(
Isn't that weird?

I guess, based on a friend's insight who is a student at MFin, only strong candidates received a request for an additional essay...

I guess, based on a friend's insight who is a student at MFin, only strong candidates received a request for an additional essay...

Not sure how true that is, a friend of mine got a 30k fellowship and didn't get asked to do an additional essay

Back