• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Class of 2018 Applications (2017 Admission)

Wait listed. Any one knows what are realistic chances of entering after being wait listed?
I kind of got admitted from waitlist after a second interview with Paul Mende...
No phone call. Just admission letter.

I am hesitating between financial engineering at Columbia and MFin at MIT. I know that many people are in the similar situation, and there will be people dropping out.

Good luck!

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I'm looking for advices on the interview. I did a lot of research on BEI for the behavior one, but I have no idea how to prepare for second one which focuses on "finance and career". Anyone have any experiences with this?

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I'm looking for advices on the interview. I did a lot of research on BEI for the behavior one, but I have no idea how to prepare for second one which focuses on "finance and career". Anyone have any experiences with this?
In my experience, it was mainly focused on talking about previous internship/work experience (types of projects you did there, your place within the team etc.) and future career aspirations. No technicals, there could be one or two market questions (simply don't remember that), but mostly behavioral.

In my experience, it was mainly focused on talking about previous internship/work experience (types of projects you did there, your place within the team etc.) and future career aspirations. No technicals, there could be one or two market questions (simply don't remember that), but mostly behavioral.

Thank you so much! Yes I have read that Sloan mostly cares about past experience. What do they want to know in the "career aspiration" interview? Is this sort of like a "what is your goal after the program" kind of questions?

Thank you so much! Yes I have read that Sloan mostly cares about past experience. What do they want to know in the "career aspiration" interview? Is this sort of like a "what is your goal after the program" kind of questions?
Yes:) As far as I remember it was jus, what area you want to go to afterwards and why, but yeah, it was mostly a talk about the past.

Yes:) As far as I remember it was jus, what area you want to go to afterwards and why, but yeah, it was mostly a talk about the past.

Thank you so much! I have been so nervous about the interview since I got the invitation. Any advices you have for the interview?

Thank you so much! I have been so nervous about the interview since I got the invitation. Any advices you have for the interview?
Just be able to in detail describe everything on your CV and know your story (why you need the program and what you wanna do afterwards). Also for the non-career one, be able to describe the cases, when you worked in the team and had a problem, when you were a leader and all this stuff. Good luck:)

Just be able to in detail describe everything on your CV and know your story (why you need the program and what you wanna do afterwards). Also for the non-career one, be able to describe the cases, when you worked in the team and had a problem, when you were a leader and all this stuff. Good luck:)
Your advice helps me a lot. I hope oneday I will perform well in the interview.

Back