• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Class of 2019 Applications (2018 Admission)

I have a friend who is a Chinese student currently in the US and he received the call yesterday. Just wondering if MIT only relates your location to your nationality.

They just called me right now... 2 minutes ago.. I am based off a Latin American Country in the East Coast so maybe they have started calling people from the East Coast.
Congrats!!! I am from the East so quite nervous now.

So as a European if they have already called Latin America... it is dead right ?

I can’t see a pattern in how they choose to call applicants, no need to worry yet! Plus even if you don’t get admitted today there is still a chance of getting in from the waitlist so don’t lose hope :)

Is there any way to check the results on the application portal? Or will only calls be made? Any idea when they send out the emails?

Is there any way to check the results on the application portal? Or will only calls be made? Any idea when they send out the emails?
I believe they would send out the emails after all the congratulation calls are accomplished. Last year, someone also reports getting calls on 3/6 so really not sure about the process.

I got admitted and I logged in into the application portal and there's nothing there indicating admission. They only called and they told me they were going to send an e-mail "later today", I did not bother to ask around what time so I guess you would have to just wait.

I got admitted and I logged in into the application portal and there's nothing there indicating admission. They only called and they told me they were going to send an e-mail "later today", I did not bother to ask around what time so I guess you would have to just wait.

Congrats on your acceptance Jose! And thanks for all the info! Are you planning on enrolling?

Just logged in the application portal and saw the rejection. Congrats to all accepted!

Congrats on your acceptance Jose! And thanks for all the info! Are you planning on enrolling?

I got rejected from Princeton, I received admit from UCLA MFE, was asked for video interview for Columbia's MFE and still awaiting for NYU's decision so it is a close 4-man race right now but I am very positive MIT has the edge at this moment.

Just logged in the application portal and saw the rejection. Congrats to all accepted!

this is true, very sneaky I checked the application portal 20 min ago and nothing was posted but I just checked it right now and it is posted that I got admitted. Very sneaky from MIT haha :)

Back