• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Class of 2019 Applications (2018 Admission)

Starting the thread for all the applicants this year!

Anyone have an update on when interviews will be released this year? Typically it is the last week and a half of January. I couldn't find an exact date online
-------------------------------------------
Also, here are some resources I think will be helpful in prepping for the interview if you receive an invite:

"What happens after you hit submit?": MIT Sloan School of Management (scroll down a bit to the MIT MFin article)

Interview tips straight from MIT!: Preparing for the MFin Interview | MIT Sloan School of Management

Behavioral Questions developed by an MIT Career Counselor:
30 Interview Questions You Need to Prep For

MBA tips, but still relevant:
MBA - Interview tips and experiences

List of Interview Questions (not all behavioral)
Compiled Interview Questions

I'm happy to link up with anyone on Skype if you want to practice. If anyone is interested I can also put you in contact with a consultant who used to sit on MIT ADCOMs (she charges fees however).

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Hello Keith.

Thank you so much for starting the thread. I wish everyone (myself included) a lot of luck throughout this process. Hopefully we are all able to cope with the stress and anxiety that comes with it.

I just updated the tracker, got and e-mail from MIT and will be interviewing in a couple of weeks in Cambridge. Not sure if other invitations for other locations have been sent. I believe they will be sending out invites until early February, so hold on tight. I have no idea about any other candidates that are applying to this program.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Hello Keith.

Thank you so much for starting the thread. I wish everyone (myself included) a lot of luck throughout this process. Hopefully we are all able to cope with the stress and anxiety that comes with it.

I just updated the tracker, got and e-mail from MIT and will be interviewing in a couple of weeks in Cambridge. Not sure if other invitations for other locations have been sent. I believe they will be sending out invites until early February, so hold on tight. I have no idea about any other candidates that are applying to this program.

Congrats! Good luck!

Here's hoping there's more Cambridge slots coming out ...

Hello Keith.

Hello Jose,
I also applied this program and I chose to take the interview in Boston. I wonder whether for all the applicants who choose Boston will receive invites at the same day. I am very worried since right now I haven't heard from MIT.

Thanks!

From the info session today: "We're still currently reviewing applications. The first batch of invites were released yesterday. We're still reviewing applications and will be sending out invitations over the next coming days."

I scheduled an interview on 2/1 and got the confirmation email. But when I looked at the slots today, it seems that the slots on 2/1 disappeared (not scheduled). What happened? I saw other interviewees changed their interview day to 2/5 or 2/7.

Hi all! Just got the invite for Dubai for 09/02. It seems that they are sending them now in order of dates. I don't remember the particular order though. Good luck!

God invite for London! 21/02. Good luck everyone!

That's amazing, didn't know they interviewed so late...After you interview you will only have to wait for two weeks until official decision.

Some of us will be agonizing for a whole month :(.

Hi all! Just got the invite for Dubai for 09/02. It seems that they are sending them now in order of dates. I don't remember the particular order though. Good luck!

Hi dear Paul. Congrats ! Could you please tell me how many slots are still left for Dubai? Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hi dear Paul. Congrats ! Could you please tell me how many slots are still left for Dubai? Thanks a lot!
Hi Gayane! According to my link - there are no spots left. But maybe I do not see any after I have already registered myself.

Hi Gayane! According to my link - there are no spots left. But maybe I do not see any after I have already registered myself.
Thank you a lot! Dear Paul maybe you remember the approximate number of days you could chose from for your interview? Thanks in advance!

Thank you a lot! Dear Paul maybe you remember the approximate number of days you could chose from for your interview? Thanks in advance!
Gayane, you're welcome. There was only one day as it was stated in the application form.

Back