• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Class of 2019 Applications (2018 Admission)

Hello Jose,
I also applied this program and I chose to take the interview in Boston. I wonder whether for all the applicants who choose Boston will receive invites at the same day. I am very worried since right now I haven't heard from MIT.

Thanks!

Hi ZZZxx just saw that you updated the tracker so it must mean you received an interview invite.

Congrats and good luck!

Average time until final result is 71 days for MIT MFin. There are 20 pending cases in the Tracker with average 30 days so we would see more results in about 6 more weeks.
Tracker | QuantNet Community
Good luck to all.

I think average response time wouldn't matter much in this case as this is not a rolling admission process. As stated by MIT, they start reviewing all applications right after the deadline and it doesn't matter if you submitted the application 5,10 or 30 days before. All of us will have an answer on March 5th, 2018 and not on an earlier or later date. Unless MIT sends decision notifications prior, which I think hasn't been the case at all. Maybe this has changed.

Reject letters being sent out (just received mine). I'm a much more experienced candidate, so not a shocker (10 years since undergrad). Congrats to all who received invites, and good luck!

Got interview invite for Mumbai 13th Feb. Did anyone else get from Mumbai?

Anyone heard back from MIT yet? I know they said decision will be made by March 5th so they will probably announce it on the day itself, but just curious to know if MIT admitted anyone early.

Anyone heard back from MIT yet? I know they said decision will be made by March 5th so they will probably announce it on the day itself, but just curious to know if MIT admitted anyone early.

Nope, it is sacres to them to release the decision exactly on March 5, 2018. No way to know before. It is unfortunate, but all we can do is wait. Try to occupy your mind with something superficial/leisure-esque. Its hard though, all I can think of is this admission process.

Nope, it is sacres to them to release the decision exactly on March 5, 2018. No way to know before. It is unfortunate, but all we can do is wait. Try to occupy your mind with something superficial/leisure-esque. Its hard though, all I can think of is this admission process.

Same here. The wait is just unbearable. I know they most likely already made all the decisions this week and they are waiting to release them next Monday, but part of me really wish they would just tell us now lol. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone thinking of watching Black Pather a second time to distract oneself from the anxiety?

Anyone thinking of watching Black Pather a second time to distract oneself from the anxiety?

On the contrary, watching the movie would just remind you once more of MIT :P.

M.I.T. alumni include Otto Octavius (who graduated at the top of his class),[1]Tony Stark (who joined an undergraduate program at the age of fifteen and majored in physics and electrical engineering),[2]Sunset Bain (who seduced Stark into revealing the security codes for Stark Industries),[3]Morley Erwin (who gained masters in electrical engineering),[4]Erik Killmonger (PhD in Engineering and Master of Business Administration),[5]Jeanne Foucault (who graduated at age of fourteen)[6]

I guess they would call like they used to in the past. Because I heard that people in China who got accepted got the call

Hi Jose! Thank you. Yes, it was the call. I wish best luck to you and all other still waiting.

Thank you Paul. Did they send an e-mail or or did the mention whether they were going to send the communication at a later time?

Back