• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Fall 2019 interview invites ?

anyone has idea how much role does the quant assessment play for them to make the final decision

Don't know how much this will help (I would probably be inconsolable right now), but I'm moved to say something because I know how this feels and I don't know if you have people close to you that will tell you this. I am also emboldened by my (assumed) anonymity.

Try to look past this. There's definitely an element of randomness in these decisions. In the sense that if you erased the minds of the adcoms and asked them to select again, the outcome would be different. This decision they've taken says nothing about your quality, as an individual and in relation to others, and it has no bearing on what you can (and will) achieve in the future.

You probably already know this, but sometimes it's nice and reassuring to hear it from someone else.

I did not even get a reject mail.Did everyone from India who were not invited got a reject mail?

It would be a precious help, indeed! I am really anxious because of that assessment.

What does it consist in? Which maths are tested? (linear and euclidean algebra, probability, stochastic models?)

Now that the interviews are done, maybe we can benefit from some reflection while we wait for the final decision? I know I would. Turns out the QA wasn't really worth getting worked up about - I definitely overprepared (if that's a thing). Made a few unflattering mistakes on the first two questions though. Nerves, I guess. Hopefully it's not material.

Good luck to everyone!

Agreed, it was simpler than I thought - I did make a silly mistake on q3 but hopefully won’t be a huge deal.

I'm sure it'll be fine. Interviewer said the QA is just one part of the whole - hopefully its weight is not that large.

The next ~ 3 weeks are about to last an eternity.

Is that a bad joke? They said they would release decisions March 12th

Back