• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Interview Invitation Fall 2023

is solving every question in the maths part necessary for admission?

I bombed it :( It was not difficult by any means, but I just lost it and made some silly mistakes...
Also made a stupid mistake in a math question and submitted the quizz early, though I had a lot of time left... Can only blame myself!
Hope it'll still go well for us :)

Realistically speaking how important is the quant assessment. Like if you come from a math/stem background and did really well on the interview but lost 2 of the quant questions are you done?

Realistically speaking how important is the quant assessment. Like if you come from a math/stem background and did really well on the interview but lost 2 of the quant questions are you done?
That's the real question... Imo, there would be some sort of minimum cutoff, and above that cutoff, some sort of weightage w.r.t to the other parts of the application. At least that's how I would approach the problem objectively.

did ya'll really find the test that easy? It was not the most basic question bank by any means imo...

did ya'll really find the test that easy? It was not the most basic question bank by any means imo...
I thought it was quite challenging, not the whole thing but 2 of the questions were quite bad

Approximately how many people are being interviewed this year? and compared to last year?

Back