• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Interview Invite 2021

Got the invitation too! Good luck everyone!

Is this the first time they are doing the quantitative assessment thing?

Last year MIT MFin sent roughly 600 interview invites and admitted about 200~, of which made a class size of 132.

Can someone share the time window of the scheduled interviews they send? Do they send invitations on a rolling base or just for once?

@Marcus_Aurelius Hi Marcus, I'm just wondering why the number of admission (200) was far greater than the class size (132) last year? Is it normal that they admit extra students each year? Thank you

The email said that the assessment will be on elementary calculus and probability. Does anyone know whether that includes linear algebra?

Just got an invite! Congratulations to everyone! Wondering if anyone could shed some light on the Quantitative assessment piece and what should one expect.

Hi guys,

Do they send interview invites on a rolling basis or do I just assume I got rejected because I still have not gotten the invite?

Does everybody see some MBAn interviews on the second week of February?

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has received their interview invitation for the MFin program at MIT. They said they would be conducting interviews in late January. I assume they had to send out invitations by this week?
Hi, I just heard on 1/28/2021 that I was invited for an interview

Congrats folks.

For the math's assessment, don't be too worried. It's short, 4/5 questions designed to take a couple of minutes each. Expect a True/False of some sort, some probability, some introductory calculus of some sort. That's the ballpark. It's just another datapoint, I was admitted and I did not answer every question correctly. There is also a maths placement test in the first week of the program (there are two summer maths courses, normal and advanced). The choice is ultimately yours, though.

This year, a coding assessment was added. It'll be hard (if not impossible) to find information on it, as it hasn't been done before. As a result, I don't expect it'll be overly challenging for folks familiar with code. For us, and potentially for this class too, there is a coding assessment in the first semester anyway. Being programming literate is not a requirement for the program, but they like to know where people stand.

Over-admission (200 down to 130) is due to people going elsewhere. Don't think there is a single program out there with 100% matriculation. For us, there was only one batch of interviews, where people were interviewed in London/Paris/US/Asia/Skype and so on. I'd say the figure of 25%-35% of interviews leading to an offer is pretty close.

Good luck.

Back