• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Interview Invite 2021

Has anyone heard back yet?! From what I can see, they have been known to start making offer calls from the 5th/6th of March in the past.....
I guess it’s gonna be next week. From previous years’ posts, it seemed to be one or two days before the official decision date.

My personal feeling is Friday onwards the calls may start rolling out.....they have called on weekends in the past. Not long left now!!

I don't think they'll make the calls that early. A lot of my other master's admission decisions have been delayed because of the pandemic.

There is a lot of info online stating they start making offer calls from March 6th onwards - take a look at the other threads from previous years.

Just went over the threads in the past six years (15-20) and here are some data. (decision date/the date of the first post that received a call)

2020 3.12Thu 3.7Sat (one ambiguous post that may indicate 3.6Fri) called over the weekend

2019 3.12Tue 3.8Fri called over weekend

2018 3.5Mon 3.5Mon

2017 3.6Mon 3.5Sun

2016 3.7Mon 3.6Sun

2015 3.9Mon 3.8Sun

But there aren’t many posts about calls for years 15-18 so just for reference. This is just to save people’s time going through precious years’ posts over and over again for some clues. So maybe it’s tomorrow (Friday), or some time later. Chill down guys. Enjoy your weekend and be surprised.

Do they still call you even if you're abroad? If you don't answer or they can't manage to reach you, do they send you an email before the March 11th deadline?

Just went over the threads in the past six years (15-20) and here are some data. (decision date/the date of the first post that received a call)

2020 3.12Thu 3.7Sat (one ambiguous post that may indicate 3.6Fri) called over the weekend

2019 3.12Tue 3.8Fri called over weekend

2018 3.5Mon 3.5Mon

2017 3.6Mon 3.5Sun

2016 3.7Mon 3.6Sun

2015 3.9Mon 3.8Sun

But there aren’t many posts about calls for years 15-18 so just for reference. This is just to save people’s time going through precious years’ posts over and over again for some clues. So maybe it’s tomorrow (Friday), or some time later. Chill down guys. Enjoy your weekend and be surprised.
You are an angel dude

Do they still call you even if you're abroad? If you don't answer or they can't manage to reach you, do they send you an email before the March 11th deadline?
I've read that you should see a 617 area code appear when getting the call - I guess that implies they don't block their caller ID, so if you miss the call you could maybe try and call back

Back