• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Interview Invite 2021

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has received their interview invitation for the MFin program at MIT. They said they would be conducting interviews in late January. I assume they had to send out invitations by this week?

I think they said that they will be rolling out interview invites in late January, given that there's another 4 days in January I would just be patient :^), guessing interview invites will be later this week or sometime next week

They did mention on some of their Q&A webcasts that because all interviews will be done via Zoom they will give candidates less notice than usual (i.e. less than the 2 weeks notice they have known to give in previous years). This could also contribute to the delay as there is less rush to get back to candidates in time for them to plan.

By the way, does MIT's program offer multi-round applications this year? I don't think I saw different rounds ddls on the website but there are posts about different rounds interviews in the forum...

By the way, does MIT's program offer multi-round applications this year? I don't think I saw different rounds ddls on the website but there are posts about different rounds interviews in the forum...
From my understanding, there was only one application round this year with a deadline of January 5th. In previous years I believe this was different.

any idea how many people they usually interview/what the acceptance rates are like post interview? It seems like they interview about a 1/3 of the applicants, and if the acceptance rate is like 10% then that would mean like a 33% acceptance rate or so right?

Agreed. I would estimate that if you have been successful in getting an interview, your chances of acceptance go up to around 1/3.

any idea how many people they usually interview/what the acceptance rates are like post interview? It seems like they interview about a 1/3 of the applicants, and if the acceptance rate is like 10% then that would mean like a 33% acceptance rate or so right?
Agreed. I would estimate that if you have been successful in getting an interview, your chances of acceptance go up to around 1/3.

Assuming they don’t admit students they don’t interview and that they interview 1/3 and admit 1/10, your chances will be 3/10.

Last edited:
Back