• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Interview Invite 2021

When I registered for the interview, there were about 200-300 slots left. How do you think of the importance of the interview?
I think that depends on what percentage of applicants got invited to the interview. If it's a lower percentage than the interview is less important, but if it's a higher percentage than the interview is more important.

I had the assessment and it was pretty basic. As was told in the email there were just basic calculus and probability/ statistics problems. You don't have to worry about that. The same is true about programming question.
Can you please provide inputs on the coding question?

I think that depends on what percentage of applicants got invited to the interview. If it's a lower percentage than the interview is less important, but if it's a higher percentage than the interview is more important.
Lower percentage than the interview? What?

It's not like preselected menu. You just write as a comment what language you are using, then just write the code to solve the problem.
Wish I had seen your post earlier... I forgot to write the language. Lol.

I had the assessment and it was pretty basic. As was told in the email there were just basic calculus and probability/ statistics problems. You don't have to worry about that. The same is true about programming question.
were there any questions with trigonometry? and were there calculators allowed? or is it so basic you won't need a calculator for it? Thanks!

Hi, would somebody have some resources to practice the math test (beyond the pdf provided on the website)? All my gratitude!

Hi, how many questions are we gonna have in the quant test? And how do we submit the answers? Just took a look at the sample and it’s way harder than I expected.

Hi, how many questions are we gonna have in the quant test? And how do we submit the answers? Just took a look at the sample and it’s way harder than I expected.
Don't worry too much about the quantitative assessment. It is significantly more elementary than the sample test. When they say elementary calculus and probability they really do mean it.

Don't worry too much about the quantitative assessment. It is significantly more elementary than the sample test. When they say elementary calculus and probability they really do mean it.
Would you say its mostly Calc 1,2 or also 3? Last calc class taken was back in Freshman year of college, not sure how much I should be touching up on.

Did anyone feel like the probability questions on the assessment were harder than the calculus questions?

Can anyone provide insight on the use of calculators in the assessment? Is it allowed?

I agree with you. It's just a little hard to believe an MIT assessment would be pretty basic. But it seems like it -- hopefully :)
Hello! Could you please explain a little how the quantitative assessment is proctored? Will they ask you to show your surroundings to them? I live with my roommate and I might need to get our space cleared if I am asked to show my room. Thank you very much!

Can anyone share how many questions are there in the quantitative assessment?

Hello! Could you please explain a little how the quantitative assessment is proctored? Will they ask you to show your surroundings to them? I live with my roommate and I might need to get our space cleared if I am asked to show my room. Thank you very much!
They might ask to show around. You can’t use a zoom background and your camera needs to be on the whole time. I’d ask my roommate to leave for that 30 mins if I were you. Go to the store or sth. Hope this helps.

They might ask to show around. You can’t use a zoom background and your camera needs to be on the whole time. I’d ask my roommate to leave for that 30 mins if I were you. Go to the store or sth. Hope this helps.
Thanks, it's really helpful! My city is on lockdown so the only thing my roommate can do is try going to sleep lol. Thanks to her in advance lol

wait... sry I have one more question. Is it 1-1?

Back