• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Interview Invite 2021

I don't think they'd give a high weight anyway given how easy it would be to cheat

Lol, last time I checked Zoom was still just a video conference platform. The actual test is on a different platform, zoom is just to monitor you. Yeah, the actual test is 20 mins. 15 mins quant and 5 mins coding. Guys, chill out, you're overthinking now. You wouldn't even need 20 mins to finish the test(maybe 10 is enough). All you need to do is relax and not panic. The only way you'd mess up is by stressing too much and not reading the questions properly. You can thank me later, for now, just chill. Don't panic!

You wouldn't even need 20 mins to finish the test(maybe 10 is enough). All you need to do is relax and not panic. The only way you'd mess up is by stressing too much and not reading the questions properly. You can thank me later, for now, just chill. Don't panic!
Thanks for your kind words bro! So the platform is Canvas I heard?

AFAIK some are gonna take their interview in a few hours. So it seems that the interview process is “almost” done (only last few students to interview). By info from previous years’ threads, admitted students are gonna be called by a number from Boston (start with 617) before the decision release date (March 11 this year). Best of luck to us all in the coming two weeks!

Do you guys know if they'll call all admitted students around the same time or some will get notified earlier, while others later?

AFAIK some are gonna take their interview in a few hours. So it seems that the interview process is “almost” done (only last few students to interview). By info from previous years’ threads, admitted students are gonna be called by a number from Boston (start with 617) before the decision release date (March 11 this year). Best of luck to us all in the coming two weeks!
but that info about ‘the call’ was confirmed for anyone at their interviews? They just told me the decision date is on March 11 (period).

Is that a ding? 🙈😅

but that info about ‘the call’ was confirmed for anyone at their interviews? They just told me the decision date is on March 11 (period).

Is that a ding? 🙈😅
I don't think they're going to ding you during the interview. Pretty sure that the admissions team does a final review of all the applications.

Is that a ding? 🙈😅
I think they all just mentioned the decision date of March 11. The call was from previous years’ threads and not from some official source. Chill down and best of luck to us all!!

Has anyone heard back yet?! From what I can see, they have been known to start making offer calls from the 5th/6th of March in the past.....

Back