• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Interview Invite 2021

What I don’t get is the torture they put us through with ...
Yeah... I get how calling admitted students beforehand is a nice personal touch - but it just makes the rest of us really anxious. They should instead release all decisions online at once, and then send congratulatory calls to the admitted students...

I guess leaving the coding assessment blank was not a good idea haha

For those rejected (like me :( ), would you consider applying again? For what other grad school did you apply?

For those rejected (like me :( ), would you consider applying again? For what other grad school did you apply?
Nah. I'm not going to be sitting around waiting for another year to apply again. Already got into a couple of safeties. Still waiting to hear back from Duke, London Business School and London School of Economics. MIT is a fantastic school, but there are a lot of great options out there.

Nah. I'm not going to be sitting around waiting for another year to apply again. Already got into a couple of safeties. Still waiting to hear back from Duke, London Business School and London School of Economics. MIT is a fantastic school, but there are a lot of great options out there.
What other schools have you gotten into so far? (if you don't mind sharing)

I'm in the same boat in regards to not reapplying. Waiting another year just to potentially get rejected again is pointless, especially considering you could be done (or close to) with a graduate degree from another university.

Back