• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Interview

Hmmm. Any correlation with experience here? I'm four years out of undergrad. VP at a bulge bracket in S&T.

Andy, I want something a little bit broader than an MFE program. Hence why I am applying to MIT and Princeton but not CMU or Baruch. My interests are portfolio research and consulting, and Robert Merton's course on portfolio construction looks pretty interesting. I stated all of that in my application.

I haven't told them that I interviewed with Princeton, but I'm not sure it's relevant.

I called them just to make sure I hadn't missed an interview invite and they claimed they have not given any Round Two interviews yet. I didn't press them on it.

One and a half weeks to go. Still haven't heard anyting from MIT... Are there till hopes? :(

anyone also got an email from MIT saying thank you for interviewing with them and outline the dates for decision and reply?
i thought they might just send it to everyone who interviewed with them in round 2 but just making sure.

anyone also got an email from MIT saying thank you for interviewing with them and outline the dates for decision and reply?
i thought they might just send it to everyone who interviewed with them in round 2 but just making sure.

It would be nice for these e-mail updates to come with the subject, "This is not a rejection, just a follow-up," for the sake of my cardiovascular health.

does anyone know if the decisions will be released through email/application website/phone?
I read somewhere online that those who are accepted will receive a phone call from MIT, don't know if that's true.

It would be nice for these e-mail updates to come with the subject, "This is not a rejection, just a follow-up," for the sake of my cardiovascular health.

I know right, the waiting part is the hardest part in the whole application process. i just hope they can release their decision like now lol.

also, someone i know who got accepted in round 1 did not remember receiving such an email, does this indicate a rejection?

also, someone i know who got accepted in round 1 did not remember receiving such an email, does this indicate a rejection?

In the email they state: "We look forward to being in touch with you again on February 23rd with our decision."
I don't think they would be saying they look forward to being in touch with us if this were an indication of rejection.
I also don't think they then would have stated the upcoming dates such as the deposit deadline and the Admitted students day.

i got the email too. i felt like they just sent to everyone. otherwise we could find the pattern....

There will be another round, yes, but I'm wondering if this means they are done interviewing for this round. Anyway, just speculation. It seems everybody is having a tough time waiting these last few days. I sure as hell am.

^^^ no, it's reality. Every year on the trading floor is two years of stress. Every month on the trading floor during a major market crisis (EG: 2008/2009) is three or four months of stress. It makes you gain weight, turns your hair gray, accelerates baldness, and causes other health issues. As long as you know that going in, it's not a big deal.

Back