• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Interview

Hey guys. i submitted my application on the 15th of March for round 3. i havent heard from them yet. Anxious :( :( I am a CA from India with pretty good acads

Round 3 decisions have apparently been released, and it looks like there are 23 new names.

Presumably, you could figure out who among the list is attending if you sift through everyone in the directory and check for a @mit.edu account, but I'm not going to do that.

@ aaron: where did u find this list?? Have the decisions been conveyed to all the selected candidates??

@ aaron: where did u find this list?? Have the decisions been conveyed to all the selected candidates??
MIT students can see the internal directory. I don't know who has received their decision (they might be officially released this afternoon/evening). A few people have received a call (check the tracker), so I am sure not everyone has been issued a letter yet.

Just 23 ? :O
It's not terribly surprising since the class size is intended to be 120 and almost 170 people have now been admitted. It's still possible, I guess, that not everyone has been added to the list, but I wouldn't be hopeful.

MIT students can see the internal directory. I don't know who has received their decision (they might be officially released this afternoon/evening). A few people have received a call (check the tracker), so I am sure not everyone has been issued a letter yet.

It's not terribly surprising since the class size is intended to be 120 and almost 170 people have now been admitted. It's still possible, I guess, that not everyone has been added to the list, but I wouldn't be hopeful.

I'm willing to bet that with most other elite programs having already finalized admissions, MIT expects round 3 applicants that are admitted to accept the offer, which reduces the amount of offers that they will send out.

The offers have been made, one can check through this link

A special website has been put up to host information related to the offer, but so far I haven't been able to find anything there, guess it's still being worked on.

Congratulations to those who made it, and looking forward to meet those of you who'll accept :)

Any of the wait listed folks received updates like last time ? It's such a long wait :) looks like they won't get to the wait list as they have like 170 admits issued. Share your thoughts....

im pretty sure all the wl peeps including me were rejected on monday april 2nd

Has any waitlisted candidate heard back from MIT Admissions team? I had been waitlisted in R2 and have not received any decision since then. Thanks.

Back