• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Round 1 Decisions

So today is the day that MIT releases its decisions for round I applicants. If their procedures for decision release are similar to those for their round I MBAs last monday, applicants will receive an email after 5:00PM ET with the decision. With this information I hope would save applicants from refreshing their inboxes or checking their phones once every 5 minutes before 5PM.

There are quite a number of MIT applications tracked in the tracker already. With the growing popularity of the MIT program, the number of round I applicants alone could possibly surpass the 950 total last year. So good luck to everyone!

While waiting, I want to share this link for the video of a recent MIT alumni event, where professor Andrew Lo speaks about behavioral finance vs quant finance (and its resemblance to physics). It's humurous, entertaining, and intellectually enlightening:

http://mitworld.mit.edu/video/794

The school just sent out an email saying that results are available for you to check online. Good luck!

Hi @PennyLess

Are you planning to or has already accepted the MIT offer? If so, I would love to keep in touch with you.
If you would like, please send me a private message on this forum or can look me up on the Admit photobook for contact details.

Peng

Back