• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT OCW is a real gem

I love the MIT OCW. I wish I knew about this earlier. Berkeley's looks more like a lecture archive for students already taking the class.

As a student at Berkeley I can vouch for the fact that webcasts are intended more for students taking the course than the 'open course' concept.

MIT's OCW is pretty awesome, Yale has something similar; they don't have nearly as many courses as MIT's but there are some interesting ones, like a financial markets course taught by Robert Shiller.

The Shiller course is good. I went through a bunch of the lectures. They are audio only though. I didn't find any video files. He randomly started narrating stories about his fun times with Jeremy Seigel and stuff.

As a student at Berkeley I can vouch for the fact that webcasts are intended more for students taking the course than the 'open course' concept.

MIT's OCW is pretty awesome, Yale has something similar; they don't have nearly as many courses as MIT's but there are some interesting ones, like a financial markets course taught by Robert Shiller.

There is also a game theory course in Yales courses.

I constantly look through Itunes U as there are a TON of open courses (full courses) in there.

Stanford has some nice programming courses and Berkeley has a lot of stuff I enjoy as well.

I'm using it to prepare for an undergraduate class this fall. I've known about it for a while, but I didn't really realize how great it is until I actually got into the material for one of the courses.

Also, for any lower level courses (Calculus and Differential Equations), http://www.khanacademy.org/ has many resources, in many different subjects too.

The Shiller course is good. I went through a bunch of the lectures. They are audio only though. I didn't find any video files. He randomly started narrating stories about his fun times with Jeremy Seigel and stuff.
Yeah I agree, the Shiller lectures are interesting and entertaining, I like his teaching style. I think there are videos of the lectures too, I watched a couple, they might not be available on iTunes U though.

They have Shiller's video lectures at AcademicEarth Another course they host that might be of interest is Stephen Boyd's "Convex Optimization I and II"

Yeah I agree, the Shiller lectures are interesting and entertaining, I like his teaching style. I think there are videos of the lectures too, I watched a couple, they might not be available on iTunes U though.

Back