• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF U of T 2014 Application

Do they always interview?
i think they will keep interviewing ppl until mid-March or end of March... they told me they interviewed approx. 200 applicants last year given there were 500 applications last year.

I don't want to make u guys upset, but this is the email they responded yesterday 'At this time, your application remains with the Admissions Committee, and I am unable to state precisely where you are in this process. However, we are able to state that if you have not yet received an offer for an interview, then it is highly unlikely that you will receive one in the future. '

I'm doing the online assessment tonight...Nervous!!!
Still reviewing PDE and linear algebra~~
Thank you Mike, the advice is great, makes me relax a little.;)
Good luck to myself and everyone who did or will do the assessment in the near future.
And also to people who haven't received email, life is full of hope, stay positive:):)

i am wondering do they giving out the offer based on the order of interview? say, they interview 20 ppl each time and they interview for 10 rounds, so they will send out the offer in 10 rounds, and choose among those 20 ppl?

There is one admit on tracker, I think they start sending out decisions.
No too sure about that, but according to last two years posts, looks like somepeople get interview before the assessment
and some people do the assessment first.
I think they send out decisions one week or two after people done both interview and assessment

There is one admit on tracker, I think they start sending out decisions.
No too sure about that, but according to last two years posts, looks like somepeople get interview before the assessment
and some people do the assessment first.
I think they send out decisions one week or two after people done both interview and assessment

I am from India. I didn't received any interview call yet?
what this means?Do i still hope to get admission or i am out?
Please let me know.
I shall be thankful to you

All the required knowledge mentioned on the website is fair game, if you got an A in ODE's and linear you better know what an integrating factor and an eigenvector are respectively.
If you know C++ matlab code is close enough that you'll get it (this was my case).
Also the requirements specifically state that for the more theoretical stuff (measure spaces, analysis) "general knowledge" is the only thing required, common sense will tell you that they probably won't ask you to prove something on the spot but you could be asked for the epsilon-delta definition of a limit.
Remember that this is an applied masters!
The interview will also be reflective of your background. If you wrote a paper or did an in-depth project there could be questions on those things.

Finally here's some great advice that I got over coffee from an HR consultant.
A thing that applicants lose sight of (in job and school applications) is that they are dealing with rational human beings (for the most part :) ) . When wondering what questions you'll get asked use your common sense. If on the job or school application/website/info-sheet, there are words like "required" and "highly recommended" beside subjects this is most likely what you'll get asked about. Be honest with yourself and really evaluate whether or not you know and understand those "required" and "highly recommended" things. If not then go over them till you do, if so then you're probably prepared anyway!

They're not going to ask you to prove Fermat's last theorem or how to cure cancer. They're going to ask you about subjects required for the role/program and subjects that you claim to know, to test your aptitude and your honesty respectively.

Please let me know.

Please let me know.
Did you try emailing the office?
I don't want to give you false hope since people get interviews around Feb 20th.
But I would say try to email them and see what the adm office says.

Good luck!

Did you try emailing the office?
I don't want to give you false hope since people get interviews around Feb 20th.
But I would say try to email them and see what the adm office says.

Good luck!

I contacted admission off. I got this reply-
The mmf Admissions Committee is currently in the process of evaluating almost 400 applications. Interviews are conducted throughout the month of February and into the middle of March. Those chosen for an interview are also required to complete an assessment. It is not a test or an entrance exam. After that, decisions are released by email until mid- to end-April. At this time, your application remains with the Admissions Committee, and I am unable to state where you are in this process.

What this means.....am i still under consideration or i should not hope positive feedback..
Thanks

I did my interview on Feb.18 and still got no response. They have started to send out offers about one week ago. But I heard some students are still doing interviews during last week.

I did my interview on Feb.18 and still got no response. They have started to send out offers about one week ago. But I heard some students are still doing interviews during last week.

Hey, how do you know they've started sending out offers??
Do you know anyone who has got one? Except the one person who updated on the tracker?

Thanks a lot.
One last question.
Do they always conduct interview?

Back