• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF U of Toronto 2013 application

No problem. I reported to them the problem with Internet Explorer, and I am sure we are not the only ones who experienced it, so they are aware and understand it is the failure on their part.
Are you based in Toronto? Did you get an invite for an interview?

I'm an international student currently study in Newfoundland.

I just finished my Skype interview... According to the officer-Shari , this process will last for several weeks.

I shouldn't have used the word easy, I meant to say fair for any undegraduate student to know by 4th year, since the concepts tested included calculus, ode, linear algebra, basic understanding of pde and group theory. Universities courses vary in content and levels to which a course is associated with , so when I said 1st and 2nd year I refered to UofT courses. I did not mean to offend anybody, sorry about that.

I'm an international student currently study in Newfoundland.

I just finished my Skype interview... According to the officer-Shari , this process will last for several weeks.
Good to know, I hope you will know the results sooner than a few weeks! how was the interview overall?

I hope the exam is different for everybody as it is easily downloaded and sent to anybody of interest.
I know students in my school who have done just that.

If anyone knows current students at UT, do you have any idea how interview times are correlated with offers? I got the assessment on the first day but still no interview, while some people got interviews before the assessment or before doing the assessment. I'm confused because Petra said that all successful applicants must do both so why did I only get one? I didn't think I did so badly to ruin my chances at an interview, plus some people haven't even done it. If anyone has more info on this it would be much appreciated!

Good to know, I hope you will know the results sooner than a few weeks! how was the interview overall?

It was just a routine interview. Question like why you choosing this program and what is your strength will be asked. And few general concept will be asked related to math finance, like what is Brownian motion.

Good luck with your interview!

It was just a routine interview. Question like why you choosing this program and what is your strength will be asked. And few general concept will be asked related to math finance, like what is Brownian motion.

Good luck with your interview!
Thanks Chaohan! Let us know when you hear the decision.

My interview is a group interview and should last 2 hours ( the email states it) so probably it will be a bit more questions. Will review Brownian motion def anyway :)

I get an interview next Wed 10-12. Is there anyone also get an interview? How to prepare for that? I am not a math student tho.

I get an interview next Wed 10-12. Is there anyone also get an interview? How to prepare for that? I am not a math student tho.
i haven't get any feedback yet, after done the assessment...did you finish your assessment? when was it?
BTW i am not a math student too/

i haven't get any feedback yet, after done the assessment...did you finish your assessment? when was it?
BTW i am not a math student too/
I finished the test last weekend and got the interview announcement last Wed. No worry, they said you will get both test and interview anyway. Is there anyone who has finished the interview in Toronto?

i just got a interview email this afternoon, it said that the interview will be on this friday at 1:30 pm
it will be a group interview.
i am living about 700 km away from toronto, suck.........

i just got a interview email this afternoon, it said that the interview will be on this friday at 1:30 pm
it will be a group interview.
i am living about 700 km away from toronto, suck.........
just got another email said that they will arrange me for an Skype interview./....Nice....

Hi, I have an interview on Friday. I am not from a math background. Not sure how to prepare for it. Anybody who had the interviews today?

For people who had the interview, was there an assessment again during the interview? How was the difficulty of the technical questions on the interview compare to the assessment? Thanks a bunch

From previous experience it should not be another assessment during the interview
However, it will have some tech questions

I think tech questions depend on the professor that interviews you. There will be no extra assessment during the interview, mostly HR and tech questions. See previous years posts for details, it was really helpful!

Back