• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF U of Toronto 2013 application

does it mean im rejected if i havent received invitation email......

Has anyone taken the online assessment? What was its format?

I got the online assessment and submitted it yesterday. Was wondering what the next step would be and how I can prepare for it.

I got the online assessment and submitted it yesterday. Was wondering what the next step would be and how I can prepare for it.
Hi Hjtoronto, how was the test , how long and what type of questions? I would expect the next step to be an interview. Let us know if you receive any news

after you try it, will you please provide us tips on what to study for people who did not receive it yet?

While I have received invaluable guidance from posts on this forum and consider the users to be a tremendous resource, this post has unfortunately stood out as highly inappropriate. It is one thing to ask past and present students at the program for advice, but quite another to beg for tips from current applicants.

The assessments are distributed in a certain order, and the time limit (which commences when you download the assessment) is very clearly designed to prevent any sort of preparation before attempting the assessment. Obtaining detailed information about the assessment beforehand violates the selection procedure and, more importantly, puts early receivers at a considerable disadvantage.

Moreover, if you so desire additional information about the assessment, Petra is the person to contact, and she will certainly refrain from divulging any "tips".

I understand that it is every individual's decision whether to post the content of the assessment, but please do bear in mind that your choice to do so negatively affects everyone who had to do the assessment before reading such tips.

Again, I have always found discussions on this forum extremely helpful, but such disregard for fairness is disappointing.

I have found that some people (not international students!) received an email with invintation to complete an online assessment. Does anybody know the details of this assessment and how many people are asked to complete this assessment?
i got the email said that i need to do the assessment. it was fine, covering 2 finance questions, 2 statistics question and 5 math questions and 1 matlab question.

i got the email said that i need to do the assessment. it was fine, covering 2 finance questions, 2 statistics question and 5 math questions and 1 matlab question.
Hi Evan, was it finantial mathematics questions or just finance in general?
Thanks

Evan Situ, I hope your assessment went well and that you will get an interview soon (I assume it is the next step).
Thanks a lot for the tips , I guess I have to review stats , as I took very few courses in my undegrad.

Keep up updated on your status!

Hi "gavchik",

Would you mind enlightening me what you found so funny about my post? I can assure you I was not joking with my criticism toward you.

just relax dude :)

Oh, aren't you a joy.

I bet that by telling me to "just relax", you hope to make me appear high-strung, when in reality that is neither the case nor relevant. The reasons that led me to my initial post were completely obvious; I could not have put less effort into concluding that your posts were inappropriate.

Speaking of the need to relax, may I point out that you are the one that has been desperately begging for every little scrap of information with the hopes of getting ever so slightly ahead of applicants who received the first few batches of assessments based on their higher GPA's, more impressive resumes, and whatever else about which you should be more concerned.

I have yet to hear a rebuttal (that is, if you can muster one), and instead got a laugh and an inane "relax, dude" from you. You are sure to be a promising addition to the industry.

Can't wait to hear about the rapture this post brings you.

This thread is for MMF. Please use private message or "Start a conversation" to a specific person if you want to make a comment irrelevant to this thread.

hey, guys, let focus on how to apply and how to get the AD........
anyone know, how long it is going to take to receive interview email, after done the assessment.
(if i didn't do so bad on it).

Thanks

Back