• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF U of Toronto 2013 application

Is it because I took more than 1hr 15min so I cant upload the files??????????????????

I uploaded around 1:18mins because my computer is dead slow. But still I was able to upload everything after hitting enter.

Are you sure they were the right format?
When I pressed Enter the files uploaded fine for me.
"You may only upload PDF or image format files (ie. JPG, PNG, GIF, etc)"

Thank you cam.

My file was in the jpg format. I hit "enter" and nothing happened....

Have most people gotten interview requests? Not feeling so good about my chances :(

Is it because I took more than 1hr 15min so I cant upload the files??????????????????
Hi Chaohan,

I had the same issue! I was very very upset but then I tried to open the link in other browser ( I used Internet Explorer originally) and it worked there. I also reported the problem so hopefully they will fix it for others. Were you able to submit it eventually?
One of my files took long to upload so I ran over 1 15 and it was fine, I was still able to upload, just the time beside it stated 1 17.

Me neither. :( don't think I did the assessment well enough.
Ladymoon, don't worry they send the request to everybody eventually. They are just starting to conduct interviews. During the info session they said they interview for almost a month in March and even in April, so I am sure you will get the invite sometime in the next few weeks.

Hi Chaohan,

I had the same issue! I was very very upset but then I tried to open the link in other browser ( I used Internet Explorer originally) and it worked there. I also reported the problem so hopefully they will fix it for others. Were you able to submit it eventually?
One of my files took long to upload so I ran over 1 15 and it was fine, I was still able to upload, just the time beside it stated 1 17.
What is the browser that worked? Firefox? I'm doing it tomorrow morning and I want to be prepared for that kind of technical difficulty...Thanks!

What is the browser that worked? Firefox? I'm doing it tomorrow morning and I want to be prepared for that kind of technical difficulty...Thanks!
I didn't try firefox, but it worked in google chrome.

I used chrome and it worked fine. Just remember to refresh the site to go to the upload screen

I have just done the online assesment. As mentioned above there are 10 questions : 2 basic finance concepts, 1 stats, 1 matlab and 6 math related. The questions are easy and each should not take more than 5 minutes to complete/explain ( I would say anybody who took 1st and 2nd year math courses would get the right answers) .
I found the timing a bit confusing. It does not appear anywhere at the begining , so make a note on the exact time you download the assessment. However once you upload the documents, there is a note how long it took you. This also means that you can upload the documents even after 1 hour and 15 minutes and the system would still accept it. Also you can upload more than 1 ( I did 10 documents, one for each question) at different times ( finish the 1st question, upload it, finish the 2nd, upload it, etc).

To members having an interview tomorrow, good luck and keep us updated how it went!
I'm not sure whether they have different assessment questions... I don't think my questions are easy and it covers some of the advanced math courses I took...

I'm not sure whether they have different assessment questions... I don't think my questions are easy and it covers some of the advanced math courses I took...
yes i think so too. its not hard. but not easy either.

Hi Chaohan,

I eventually uploaded it in Firefox this morning which made my time elapse 12 hrs! I was using Internet Explorer as well and it did not work.

But I sent them a email with my answers last night and reported the problem. Hopefully they will accept it or I would get another chance.

Thank you gavchik!

I eventually uploaded it in Firefox this morning which made my time elapse 12 hrs! I was using Internet Explorer as well and it did not work.

But I sent them a email with my answers last night and reported the problem. Hopefully they will accept it or I would get another chance.

Thank you gavchik!
No problem. I reported to them the problem with Internet Explorer, and I am sure we are not the only ones who experienced it, so they are aware and understand it is the failure on their part.
Are you based in Toronto? Did you get an invite for an interview?

according to the feedback, the questions were difference. but overall, not so difficult, if you had learned them

Back