• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF U of Toronto 2013 application

FYI if you don't think the deposit will arrive on time be sure to email or call Petra or Victoria. Also on campus housing applications open on the April 1st (I think) and those fill up really quickly. The last thing you want, is to have to worry about getting an apartment in downtown Toronto, so apply early.

FYI if you don't think the deposit will arrive on time be sure to email or call Petra or Victoria. Also on campus housing applications open on the April 1st (I think) and those fill up really quickly. The last thing you want, is to have to worry about getting an apartment in downtown Toronto, so apply early.
you're the man michael, are you doing on-campus or off-campus for housing?

On campus housing > off campus housing. (If you can get it)
The best Rez is graduate house but getting in is really hard as a lot of people apply.
Next is st mikes and loretto(note that loretto is female only).
Do not apply for chestnut house as it's really far away, and for those international students thinking "a 20-30 minute walk isn't so bad" then you have not yet experienced a Canadian winter. In -20 weather (-30 with windchill) you will want to die after 5 minutes outside.

Here's the housing website: http://www.housing.utoronto.ca/

If you can't get in residence then do the following, draw a circle around 720 spadina whose radius corresponds to the distance you can walk in under five minutes. Then only rent from within that radius, Canadian winter people, no joke.

Also some free advice for those international students from warm countries: Get a meal plan, shopping for groceries in -20 weather (-30 with windchill)= a bad time. Buy a good canadian winter coat, and boots, and buy a humidifier.

If
Did everyone who made the online assessment had an interview? I did the assessment 3 weeks ago and haven't receive any news from them (Beside Petra/Victoria who kept on telling me that "The admissions committee is currently in the process of evaluating almost 500 applications")

I don't expect much at this point, but who knows, they still haven't rejected me!

Well the next round of admits is coming post April 2nd, so don't despair. Also did you add your application to the tracker?

Well, the more I read this thread, the more I realize I might not make it! My Achilles' heel is definitely my GPA, which is sub 3.5, and they seem to focus a lot on it!

PS: I add my application to the tracker.
Yeah i have to agree with you. Not to sound mean, but realistically <3.5 is pretty low, especially considering the competition, anyway best of luck.

with regards to housing:
Also note that unless there is an early winter weather is not that bad in October/ November and classes end by Christmas. There is an internship during 2nd term and some may be outside of downtown ( say otpp) so choose your housing close to public transit for that matter.

with regards to housing:
Also note that unless there is an early winter weather is not that bad in October/ November and classes end by Christmas. There is an internship during 2nd term and some may be outside of downtown ( say otpp) so choose your housing close to public transit for that matter.
If you're on campus you'll still be pretty close to mass transit, and we still have class over winter (advanced derivatives).

Ok. In my country the COLDEST WINTER EVER: 15°C..... =( I cannot even imagine how will it be in -20/-30..... =(

Ok. In my country the COLDEST WINTER EVER: 15°C..... =( I cannot even imagine how will it be in -20/-30..... =(
In a totally unscientific poll, I find that when i ask new immigrants to canada what they remember the most about their first year here; their answer is always "the winter".
Anyways welcome to canada!

from last year's students I heard that winter class is not mandatory and many choose not to take it. anybody knows more?

Back