• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF U of Toronto 2013 application

i am almost give up.....maybe since i came from the business basckground and only has the math minor....
waiting is such a pain......maybe i should study more math and computer courses and apply again...or just MBA.
anyone know, in canada, any other MFE programs? except for MQF and MMF?

Good luck for those still waiting......

I have been admitted into UToronto MMF and McMaster program too.

I don't know what to choice.

We must be like 12.....Have you started seeking for housing? They sent me an mail yesterday to start application for in campus housing....I applied to graduate house where the application fee wasn't that high but, for instance, the application fee to apply to Victoria residence is like 400 CAD!

We must be like 12.....Have you started seeking for housing? They sent me an mail yesterday to start application for in campus housing....I applied to graduate house where the application fee wasn't that high but, for instance, the application fee to apply to Victoria residence is like 400 CAD!

I'm currently living in Toronto, so not too much concerned about housing..

You don't have to rent from UofT residence! University residence is usually more expensive with less comfort. Also, Uof T residence (grad house) is at least five minutes away from MMF building. Try looking for other options in the area (maybe same five-minute walking distance). For example this rental seems to be a good option:

http://www.cromwellmgt.ca/properties/view/35
I walked by this building today after dropping off the deposit. It is almost 50m away from mmf building.

I'm currently living in Toronto, so not too much concerned about housing..

You don't have to rent from UofT residence! University residence is usually more expensive with less comfort. Also, Uof T residence (grad house) is at least five minutes away from MMF building. Try looking for other options in the area (maybe same five-minute walking distance). For example this rental seems to be a good option:

http://www.cromwellmgt.ca/properties/view/35
I walked by this building today after dropping off the deposit. It is almost 50m away from mmf building.
Local knowledge always a plus!:)
Also those apartments look very nice.

To all who are looking to rent a place in Toronto, here is probably the best online resource:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/

You probably need to sign a lease for at least six months. First month and last month rent up-front and post-dated cheques are required for most landlords... I'd say it's too early now, start looking in early May (to rent in August)..

Hi everyone, I got ad yesterday and will accept the offer. Does anyone pay the deposit through the telephone banking? I am not currently living in Canada, and the school doesn't accept personal check or bank transfers. Thanks!

No worries! My friend in Toronto will help me bring the certified check to the admission office. : )

I am still not receiving the decision from U-T yet. Is that meaning I am rejected ?

I am still not receiving the decision from U-T yet. Is that meaning I am rejected ?

I have just received an admission offer.

I presume that decisions have not yet been finalized. Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Back