• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF University of Toronto 2012 -Entrance Exam

Hey Andy, just wondering, are you a student currently enrolled in MMF program?
If you got this notion by reading Andy's active replies , he is the owner and Moderator at Quantnet. Also a graduate of Baruch college :)

anyone got updated on the assessment of Toronto? seems like they have sent offer of admission to people who attended previous assessment, any current students from Toronto can you tell us how many international (on student visa) students was admitted in the previous years? Do they have specific quota for international students?

anyone got updated on the assessment of Toronto? seems like they have sent offer of admission to people who attended previous assessment, any current students from Toronto can you tell us how many international (on student visa) students was admitted in the previous years? Do they have specific quota for international students?

I'm curious about that too. Anyone know how many students are they admitting this year? I heard that they got 480 applications this year, much more than the usual 350...

I'm curious about that too. Anyone know how many students are they admitting this year? I heard that they got 480 applications this year, much more than the usual 350...
Their class size was about 30 last year, which might be similar this year.

yeah i heard last year they admit on a rolling basis till 30 spots are taken they they stop and sent rejection to all. They give 2 weeks to pay $3000 deposit and those who not paid after that got the admission rescinded so they send admission like every 2 weeks

yeah i heard last year they admit on a rolling basis till 30 spots are taken they they stop and sent rejection to all. They give 2 weeks to pay $3000 deposit and those who not paid after that got the admission rescinded so they send admission like every 2 weeks
Quite small size~Thus, I guess we would be assessed 4 or 5 days later

For those who accepted elsewhere, please be considerate and withdraw the applications or inform them so that others may have a chance. There are ppl who got into MIT, Columbia, etc... I hope you guys will inform Toronto your decision and not just let the deadline expire..

Hi sgmfof,

During our assessment, one of the applicants asked them whether they have some certain rules with the admission process, such as rules about how many international students, how many students with engineering background, how many students with math background, etc. will be admitted every year. They told us they do not have such rules, but in some way they get a very diverse mix of students. For example, last year, apparently the half of the class were females, but they said that this was not intentional.

Hope this helps.

hi guys, is this online assessment for oversea students? Anyone from canada received this assessment too? I have not heard anything from them, does that mean I am rejected?

Hi sgmfof,

During our assessment, one of the applicants asked them whether they have some certain rules with the admission process, such as rules about how many international students, how many students with engineering background, how many students with math background, etc. will be admitted every year. They told us they do not have such rules, but in some way they get a very diverse mix of students. For example, last year, apparently the half of the class were females, but they said that this was not intentional.

Hope this helps.
haha~~Maybe as the old saying goes,"man and woman, the most efficient working pair";)

hi guys, is this online assessment for oversea students? Anyone from canada received this assessment too? I have not heard anything from them, does that mean I am rejected?

I am in BC and I got an email about the assessment, but have not received the actual assessment itself yet.

Hey jondan,

They have much more applications than the previous years, and they cannot assess everybody in one single day. So do not think that it is a rejection yet. If it was, I think they would have let you know by now.

Hey jondan,

They have much more applications than the previous years, and they cannot assess everybody in one single day. So do not think that it is a rejection yet. If it was, I think they would have let you know by now.
Hey thanks! I think so too, seems like they have a lot applications this year

Hey where did you get this information from?

I got it from Petra, the program coordinator. He mentioned in his email when I asked him about the admission process.

Hi viv_d, you attended the assessment last week? Did you hear anything from them yet?

Back