• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF University of Toronto 2012 -Entrance Exam

harpik, thank you so much for sharing!

How many students were there in your group interview? How long did the whole thing last?

It lasted about 2.5 hours (we started at 1pm and we were done around 3:30pm).

There were 4 applicants including me.

Mines had 7 people if any of you are wondering and lasted 3 hours (though the last 20 minutes was answering our questions).

wow congratz zeroprobability, you must be one of the very first that received the offer from Toronto. Did you have offers from any other programs?

Hi, everyone. I got an email about the assessment yesterday. But I am living in Guangzhou,China. I guess the assessment process which already stated as a way to evaluate my skills would be conducted by email?! Not sure, cuz the sender request me to confirm my email address and said the assessment would be ready right away by email. Anyone got the same email this week?

Hi, everyone. I got an email about the assessment yesterday. But I am living in Guangzhou,China. I guess the assessment process which already stated as a way to evaluate my skills would be conducted by email?! Not sure, cuz the sender request me to confirm my email address and said the assessment would be ready right away by email. Anyone got the same email this week?
Hi, I got the same email as yours. Hope to communicate more with you. I am a student from Beijing. (Renmin Univ. of China)

hi i received the same email too, they asked to confirm the email address and will send the assessment by email in the near future.. pls update if you receive that assessment thanks!

hi
I also received the email today.
my q num is 245398467
keep in touch~~

wow congratz zeroprobability, you must be one of the very first that received the offer from Toronto. Did you have offers from any other programs?

No, I only applied to UofT MMF. The only other programs I applied to are PhD programs in math.

I saw that there are two admissions currently listed on Tracker. It seems like UT send out offer right after the interviews? Does that mean if I don't hear from them 2 days after the interview, then I'm out? My interview is on next Tuesday, and I'm so nervous!​
Also it seems that UT is going to send out some online assessment this year, similar to UW MQF's entrance exam. Is this the first year they started doing this? Cauz judging from previous years' posts, applicants outside the province were only given a non-technical phone interview? Maybe they decided the phone interview wasn't enough? Don't know how difficult is this online assessment, comparing to the UW one... Will it be the same as the one used in the in-person group interview?​
Good luck to everyone who's applying to the program! Hope that we have a chance to meet and know each other;)

Back