• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF University of Toronto 2012 -Entrance Exam

did she say when the result will come out? do you have any technical question?
she told me it comes out around 16th apr. I guess it might be this fri or next mon. Yes, 2 tech questions in stat and math. But she said it does not matter for those tech questions.

she told me it comes out around 16th apr. I guess it might be this fri or next mon. Yes, 2 tech questions in stat and math. But she said it does not matter for those tech questions.
i see, cool, good luck everyone waiting, this year U of T is inundated with applications, in the Master of Stat and Maths there are also nearly 300 applications for 24 spots! they put nearly 70 people on the waiting list

i see, cool, good luck everyone waiting, this year U of T is inundated with applications, in the Master of Stat and Maths there are also nearly 300 applications for 24 spots! they put nearly 70 people on the waiting list
HUGE competition over there.

Was Ryan there? Who asked you the technical questions?

Hi all, I've accepted an offer to join the U of T MMF program. Congratulations to everyone who received offers, and best of luck to all those whose applications are still pending.

That is interesting. I thought Shari was simply HR. During my interview she did not ask any technical questions only the typical HR questions. Also I did not get any questions on Statistics.

Hi all, I've accepted an offer to join the U of T MMF program. Congratulations to everyone who received offers, and best of luck to all those whose applications are still pending.

Cool. You should join the facebook group if you are on FB.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/403850749627071/

That is interesting. I thought Shari was simply HR. During my interview she did not ask any technical questions only the typical HR questions. Also I did not get any questions on Statistics.
Shari ask me tech questions too:)
I guess she might write down what I said and deliver it to the pros, or hold the write answers
in hand to judge if I can answer it or not

basic concepts in Stochastic Process, such as Brownian Motion, Markov Chain.
I think they ask most students with math or stat background the similar questions
Cool.

I was also asked brain teasers like if it takes 10 minutes to cut a piece of plank into 2 pieces how long does it take to cut it into 3 seperate pieces ? I said as close to 10mins as you want.

Cool.

I was also asked brain teasers like if it takes 10 minutes to cut a piece of plank into 2 pieces how long does it take to cut it into 3 seperate pieces ? I said as close to 10mins as you want.

haha~~cool~~with two knives or cutters~~
we are asked such kind of questions in the assessment~
I am preparing for the visa material now:p

Back