• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MS Finance after changing careers from CS

Hello everyone, I want some advice from you guys. I am trying to change my field of study. I have completed my MS in Electrical Engineering in Taiwan. I want to go for a second MS in quantitative finance in the US or Canada. I have no idea what this situation entails. Or where to apply for. Or what is the situation with scholarships? Can anyone share their experience with me? I have already taken the GRE in 2019 and scored 330 with 4.5 in AWA. I am planning to take TOEFL iBT next month and hoping to get 110+. My Master's GPA is quite high (4.16/4.3) because I graduated at the top of my class. But my undergraduate GPA is 7.99. I am a co-author in two research papers from my undergraduate degree. A paper from my Master's thesis is under review. However, I have only studied Electrical Engineering in my entire life. I am currently pursuing a PhD in CS also in Taiwan. But I want to change my career to finance. I have ample experience in coding and in machine learning. I would love your suggestions, with regard to anything from my case or my profile. I have close to zero information, so anything would help me a lot. Please share any suggestions or experiences. I am not sure which program to apply for. I don't know which GPA (master or bachelor) is going to be considered. I would appreciate any help.

Back