• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Msc Mathematical Finance University of Birmingahm

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is doing well under the circumstances with covid-19. I open this thread to get to know your opinion about the Msc Mathematical Finance at the University of Birmingahm (MSc Mathematical Finance). I am strongly considering applying for this Msc, as in my opinion, it perfectly combines a theoretical background with computing.

I look forward to seeing what your opinion is.

I have been external MSc supervisor at the University of Birmingahm since 2014 (~50 theses to date). My own focus is students with good grounding in finance, maths and C++. I am hands-on coach. It takes 3 months to get my students in top form :)

In particular, the combination Maths/C++ is solid.

for 2019 see theses

for 2020 there is another excellent (and original) thesis on rough Heston, ML, C++ and Python. It will be soon public-domain access.

My opinion is very positive from my viewpoint.

@Colin Rowat

Back