• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin Need advice for MIT MFin round 2 interview

kks

First post, so please excuse me if this is the wrong section.

I have done some Googling and looked through this forum, but the amount of interview advice is a bit sparse. Could anyone please provide me with some advice as to what to expect? Thank you!

Andy Nguyen, MIT admitted somewhere around 175 last year, which is not updated on the wiki, but I read the number somewhere on this website

First post, so please excuse me if this is the wrong section.

I have done some Googling and looked through this forum, but the amount of interview advice is a bit sparse. Could anyone please provide me with some advice as to what to expect? Thank you!

Congrats on the interview! You mentioned that you are from a state school... Is that within the U.S. ?

Chenothy, thank you, and yes, I go to a state school in the US.

Demonicangelz, this Thursday (2/7) or next Thursday (2/14)?

Good luck! Please let me know how it goes. I would really appreciate that.

Hey guys, who are your interviewers? Does anyone have Heidi Pickett?

I have Harriet Barnett. I am sure they are all the same in regards to what questions they ask and their friendliness.

what do u think the admission chances are once we get an interview for the second round?...

Ylglk, I have heard different things. Some say around 50%, but I have also heard that the interview process is mostly to make sure you are able to articulate yourself and have a presence in the room, which would be a way to make sure you can get a job.

Ylglk, I have heard different things. Some say around 50%, but I have also heard that the interview process is mostly to make sure you are able to articulate yourself and have a presence in the room, which would be a way to make sure you can get a job.

kks, this is an extract from the MIT's FAQ

Is an interview required?
Interviews are by invitation only and may be conducted in person, by video, or phone, depending on availability of the applicant and interviewer. Our goal is to interview all candidates accepted into our programs. An invitation to interview thus signals that your application has reached an advanced stage of consideration, but does not guarantee admission. Arrangements and detailed information will be provided if an interview request is extended to you.

What types of questions are asked during the interview?
Interviews are composed of behavior and résumé questions — be prepared to be asked about past teamwork experience and how you handle real-life situations, provide specific examples, and show your passion for the program and your goals.

Is there a preference from MIT’s perspective on how to conduct the interview (in person or online)?
Interviews will be done over the phone or on Skype. We do not have a preference, as it is whatever is most convenient for you.

What percent of interviewed applicants are admitted?
About 50 percent of interviewed applicants are admitted.

http://mitsloan.mit.edu/mfin/admissions/faq-and-chat/#FAQ Admissions

Back