• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin Need advice for MIT MFin round 2 interview

Ylglk, I have heard different things. Some say around 50%, but I have also heard that the interview process is mostly to make sure you are able to articulate yourself and have a presence in the room, which would be a way to make sure you can get a job.
Thanks! 50% was probably for the previous years. I heard its more competitive now.. probably around 25%.. not sure though..

Is anyone having his interview with Kim Ebeling? Mine is with her the 14th.
For those who have had their interview already, would very much appreciate any comments.

Good luck to those that have interviews today! Let us know how they go.

Interview over. Questions pretty much the same as that of the Wiki. Dont think I did well though, stammered alot.

Hello Demonicangelz, hope is the last thing to lose, you probably did better than you think.
How was Kim Ebeling? was she friendly or is she too serius? Any advice?

has anyone already had an interview with Heidi Pickett? If so, any advice would be greatly appreciate!

Hello Demonicangelz, hope is the last thing to lose, you probably did better than you think.
How was Kim Ebeling? was she friendly or is she too serius? Any advice?
She was quite friendly, but seemed to have a list of questions from which to pick and was writing down notes as I spoke.

Seemed like she had some sort of a form to fill in? Not sure if its standard or just written up before the interview.

FYI please call the admissions office if you are unable to connect via skype. There were some technical problems when I called.

And yes they read your application before the interview.

Results on 14th March. (If I remember correctly)

Dont think I did well though, stammered alot.

Is English your second language or were you just nervous?

Do not worry. I had an interview a month ago for another program and thought it went poorly. I ended up being accepted and getting a nice scholarship on top of it.

had my interview today as well with Kim, the usual questions. why mit, strengths, leadership, teamwork, etc.etc. shes nice. gl luck everyone

Is English your second language or were you just nervous?

Do not worry. I had an interview a month ago for another program and thought it went poorly. I ended up being accepted and getting a nice scholarship on top of it.
I was just nervous. :S

We'll see.

Some of the guys I met who interviewed on campus probably got stuck in Boston due to weather! I managed to escape Boston just in time but I'm still trying to find a way out of the second stage of my travels.

Any other news/updates from those of you who interviewed over the past few days?

Back