• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin Need advice for MIT MFin round 2 interview

This year class will also be around 120 people? Do we know how many people are they inteviewing?

Assuming they still admit 50% of those who interview, they should be interviewing 240 people.

kks, this is an extract from the MIT's FAQ

Is there a preference from MIT’s perspective on how to conduct the interview (in person or online)?
Interviews will be done over the phone or on Skype. We do not have a preference, as it is whatever is most convenient for you.

http://mitsloan.mit.edu/mfin/admissions/faq-and-chat/#FAQ Admissions

They don't seem to know what they want, at http://mitsloan.mit.edu/mfin/admissions/apply-here/interviews/ they say (bold done by me):
Candidates will be invited to interviews by email, up until the decision deadlines. Decisions will be released early for some candidates who will be denied admission without an interview. We prefer to conduct interviews in person. Please note that interviews are done on weekdays and during business hours.

Has anyone received any interview calls in the last few days for round2? Also if I havent heard by now does it mean it is a "reject". Getting quite nervous about this.

Has anyone received any interview calls in the last few days for round2? Also if I havent heard by now does it mean it is a "reject". Getting quite nervous about this.

there are tracker updates every day, so there still is hope that you get an interview.

I had mine today at Santiago de Chile. My sugestions would be that there is no need for preping for the interview, the only thing you need is to know why you want the program, and what have you been doing the last years to prepare for it.

Someone mentioned earlier that it appears they send the interviews out on Monday. There is also a chat tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM EST so if someone wants to attend that and ask. I would assume that if you haven't gotten anything than it isn't a good sign.

Good luck French- hope you get through.
Sporthenry- Ill get on the chat to check with them on this. Did you get your interview call?

Good luck French- hope you get through.
Sporthenry- Ill get on the chat to check with them on this. Did you get your interview call?
Likewise, I'm with you. I haven't heard anything about an interview. I had some issues with my recommendations so I was hoping that my stats which are competitive would get me the interview to explain everything.

I'm also not sure if this always appears to be the case or just the people who post here are the more committed ones but it also appears it is getting more competitive. I've seen multiple people posting with years of experience when the average coming in last year was just 15 months including internships. And most people are applying seem to be above the average numbers on their website so I'm confused as to how their middle 80% for the GRE is just 740 quant.

is March 14 the release date for results? no results will be released before then? I have another offer which I have to reply by March 1.... any advice?

is March 14 the release date for results? no results will be released before then? I have another offer which I have to reply by March 1.... any advice?

They will not release any information before then. That is what they said after I asked after my interview.

How much is the deposit? I think your only move if that is your #2 option is to act as if you are going to the other offer and then if you get into MIT figure out what works best. But if you are willing to spend 100k on an MIT education, I'd imagine the deposit will just add a few more.

How much is the deposit? I think your only move if that is your #2 option is to act as if you are going to the other offer and then if you get into MIT figure out what works best. But if you are willing to spend 100k on an MIT education, I'd imagine the deposit will just add a few more.
hmmm, I'll try asking them for an extension. If not, I guess that's the only way. Fingers crossed for MIT :(

Hi All,

Mentioned this in the other thread. But received my interview invite Tuesday night (not Monday). So everyone don't lose hope! (I almost did) :)

Back