• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Need Cryptocurrency Dataset

I'm advising a student who wants to write about the statistical characteristics of cryptocurrencies. Is there a source that can provide time series of the most liquid ones for downloading? Many sources offer individual time series. I'd like a bulk download if possible of multiple currencies over, say, a five year timeframe.

Most exchanges provide API for data download for individual ones, which makes sense, because different crypto names may have different starting time.
What kind of data do you need, e.g., OHLCV? and what time frame?

DefiLlama, Token Terminal, The Block, Coinmarketcap, Etherscan.io for Ethereum

I have been saving a local copy of crypto 1h and 1d OHLC data for the purpose of backtesting - let me know which names you need and happy to share a zip via google drive.

Back