• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Need help on my next steps

Hi guys,

Here is my profile:
  • Undergrad from University of Waterloo - Bachelor of Math - specializing in finance (GPA: 3.7/4.0)
  • GRE: Verbal - 155, Quant - 166, awaiting AWA
  • Has 4 relevant internships/coops in Canadian Banks (Scotia, BMO, National, and now working full-time at RBC). Has coded in VBA, SQL, Perl/Shell, in these work places
  • Programmed an iOS app with 3 other friends (a game with 1000+ downloads) - used objective-c, sql, etc...
  • Passed CFA Level 1
  • Has not done any academic research with any professors
Schools looking to apply for: NYU MF, Columbia MF, Chicago MF, UT MMF, and maybe UC Berkley

My question is - is my GRE score high enough to cover-up my lackluster GPA? My references will not be as strong, but on par. I guess the part that will make my application stand out is the work experience and the fact that I've had adequate programming exposure. So do you guys think I should take GRE again? Or is my profile simply not strong enough for these quant programs and I should perhaps consider applying to other fields?

Many thanks for your advice!
Bob

Back