• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Network analysis and quantitative finance

I have been doing my prerequisites for an MFE program, and I've started developing an interest in Complexity science and network analysis, as even these fileds require a strong hand in subjects like math, stats, cs. And from what I've read online, network analysis is going to play an increasingly important role in developing a more comprehensive understanding of (including, but not limited to) financial markets as a whole.

So I was actually considering going more in-depth with these, and I was wondering if there are any MFE programs that offer network/complexity science(as a minor?) or offer the opportunities to work in directions that allow you to combine quantitative finance and network science.

And if not, are there any programs or career paths that I should look into?
@APalley @Pavlos Sakoglou @Andy Nguyen

I don't know about the job market but I would say that Complexity and Network Analysis do not directly relate to finance. For them, you need to know _some_ maths but more importantly graph theory and other computer science topics. They are useful to know but as part of a wonder context I reckon.

Knowing CS is not a guarantee that you 'know' maths. Maths is the basis.

Last edited:
It's too fuzzy. I think it is not useful.

The videos also seem be redefining the terms "network analysis" and "complexity" which are well-defined terms in Computer Science. Word inflation (aka hot air).

Last edited:
Back