• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

New GRE preparation aid?

Hi,

I was desperately looking for some help with the practice questions (especially with the verbal section) and stumbled upon this website: www.greking.com

I don't know but, it looks like it might be a good solution for busy people (like myself)..i mean receiving and solving several questions a day, may be even at work place...

I was wondering if anybody had a previous experience with them or perhaps with some other similar service..

Thanks you.

If you want to do vocabulary, there are zillions of sites out there. I suggest you stick to one site which you can "train" so you don't end up being tested on the same (easy) words over and over again.

If you want GRE-format problems, the universe is somewhat smaller.

I used the following to prepare (mostly for vocab). They have a limited set of problems, so be judicious: Number2.com :: Free Online Test Prep

Also, the GRE people have their own tool which has a few exams and a few practice problem sets: GRE Test Taker Power Prep Survey (or go to GRE.com and look for "PowerPrep"). It's worth looking at, because it is identical to the computer program you use in the actual test.

Not sure that greking adds anything that a reminder plus other free sites don't.

THANK YOU!

Wow thanks so much people! I was definitely not expecting this much useful information and such a quick response.

btw, are there any good desktop applications (especially for the vocabulary) around?

Back