• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Non Degree Study

Hi All,

I'm thinking about applying to Baruch this Winter. My gpa is not the greatest and I was hoping to bolster it by taking some classes as a non degree / post baccalaureate. I was wondering if it were possible to take some Math grad classes at Baruch and if so are there any restrictions.

Thanks for any help,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
Hope your GPA is not the baddest as well ;)
Here is some info from Baruch website
Post-baccalaureate students are eligible to take only 8000-level preliminary courses on a space available basis. A minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is required. An official baccalaureate transcript (in a school-sealed envelope) must accompany the application for non-degree admission.
http://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/programs/graduate/non-degree

That's from Zicklin business school. You want to take courses in Weissman Science school, not Zicklin.
As far as I know, there are no grad-level math courses availble to non-degree students. The only MS degree from Baruch Math dept is MFE. You may want to take courses at other CUNY college where they offer math MS degree.
Let us know if you find some good info.

Thanks for the help! Do you have any suggestions for courses to take? By this Fall I will have completed Linear Algebra at Hunter and Probability and Multivariable Calculus at NYU. I was thinking about Stochastic Processes at Hunter and maybe one more.

-- Jeff

I think Stochastic Processes is the best choice. A course on differential equations might also help, a C++ course is also a good idea.

Back