• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NTU Interview

Hey Guys!
I was just called for an Interview at the NTU Financial Engineering Program and wanted to know what kind of questions I could expect? any details would be very helpful, Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi! I was interviewed or NTU MFE in early February and received an offer in two weeks. The interview was about 20-30 mins. There were some basic math questions regarding matrices, calculus and differential equations. The rest of the interview was behavioral. They asked me about my career goals, reasons to choose this program etc. (The usual).
Just to add, I am currently a Bachelors student in NTU itself graduating this July.
Hope this helps

Hi! I was interviewed or NTU MFE in early February and received an offer in two weeks. The interview was about 20-30 mins. There were some basic math questions regarding matrices, calculus and differential equations. The rest of the interview was behavioral. They asked me about my career goals, reasons to choose this program etc. (The usual).
Just to add, I am currently a Bachelors student in NTU itself graduating this July.
Hope this helps

Hey Manav! Thank you for replying, I'll definitely go through those topics. Do you think that the interview is granted to most students who apply? Or is it more of a final stage of the evaluation process

Hey Manav! Thank you for replying, I'll definitely go through those topics. Do you think that the interview is granted to most students who apply? Or is it more of a final stage of the evaluation process
I think the interview is more like a final screening. The math questions are just to check your preparedness for the course. During my interview they seemed to talk a lot about how rigorous the course is and make sure i’m mentally prepared for it. It was a pleasant conversation. I don’t know exactly how many people receive interview invites but I don’t think they interview too many people. They place a lot of importance on the math questions. Make sure you can answer them well and you should have a good shot at being admitted. Good luck!

I think the interview is more like a final screening. The math questions are just to check your preparedness for the course. During my interview they seemed to talk a lot about how rigorous the course is and make sure i’m mentally prepared for it. It was a pleasant conversation. I don’t know exactly how many people receive interview invites but I don’t think they interview too many people. They place a lot of importance on the math questions. Make sure you can answer them well and you should have a good shot at being admitted. Good luck!
Thank you Manav, your advice was very helpful.

Hey! I just got an admit from the NTU MFE program. Do you guys have any idea how the job prospects are after completion of this course? Haven't been able to find a lot of information on public domain regarding this. Whatever I have found was very vague. Any help would be appreciated!

Hey! I just got an admit from the NTU MFE program. Do you guys have any idea how the job prospects are after completion of this course? Haven't been able to find a lot of information on public domain regarding this. Whatever I have found was very vague. Any help would be appreciated!
Hey Sheetal I have sent you a DM, please check

Hey Guys,

I have an interview on Monday. Any advice? Questions, interview flow... anything at all that you feel is important.

Hi! The MFE programme at NTU Singapore is now open for application for the July 2019 intake. If you are interested in the programme, I encourage you to submit your application by the Round 2 deadline - Dec, 31 2018. The final deadline is Feb 28 2019. Application can be submitted here. More information on our merit scholarship can be found here.

Feel free to email mfe@ntu.edu.sg if you require any further information on the programme and application process.

Back