• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF 2023 NYU Courant Math Finance Program

Dear Faculty, until what date you are accepting applications?
Is it possible to have a GRE waive for experienced professionals (i.e. 10 years) in quantitative fields (i.e actuaries and the like)?

Dear Faculty, is at least one academic recommendation an essential requirement? I graduated almost ten years ago and didn't maintain any contact with my former professors

By when will you be sending decisions, for people who have submitted their applications? As I have received admits from other universities and their deadlines are very close by

@CourantMathFinance @OoozeDonatin @able_archer @RedDevilSlayer @HenryZhuuuuu
Please use the Watch function (top right corner of this thread) to get instant notification when someone replies to this thread.

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 11.58.08 AM.png

Dear Faculty, what is the timeline between receiving the unofficial acceptance from the program department and receiving the official letter from the GSAS? Thank you!

Dear Faculty, what is the timeline between receiving the unofficial acceptance from the program department and receiving the official letter from the GSAS? Thank you!

The official letter is normally sent within a week after you received the unofficial notification. Please let me know if you have not received it.

By when will you be sending decisions, for people who have submitted their applications? As I have received admits from other universities and their deadlines are very close by

If you have an offer from another program, please send an email to mathfinapp@cims.nyu.edu and attach the email or PDF notifying you of your admission to the other program. We will try to respond as quickly as we can.

Dear Faculty, is at least one academic recommendation an essential requirement? I graduated almost ten years ago and didn't maintain any contact with my former professors

Not if you graduated 10 years ago. But you should provide as much evidence as you can of strong math and/or CS knowledge and skills by some other means. Also, if by some chance you really did impress a professor 10 years ago, it's worth emailing them and asking them if they're willing to write you a letter. Even if you didn't stay in touch.

Back