• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF 2023 NYU Courant Math Finance Program

Dear Faculty, until what date you are accepting applications?
Is it possible to have a GRE waive for experienced professionals (i.e. 10 years) in quantitative fields (i.e actuaries and the like)?

We are still accepting applications. I'm looking into the GRE waiver. Please go ahead and submit your application without the GRE scores and then send me a private message here with your name so I can keep an eye out for your application.

@CourantMathFinance, You are still accepting applications for Math Finance and also, Dual degrees with MBA. As I see application portal is open. Please do let me know. Please do a needful help. I had to finish a few preprogram courses and also, cant submit a few documents once the application is rolled out. I have emailed to mathfinapp@cims.nyu.edu for further details. Thank you.

@CourantMathFinance Hi, have been hearing people saying that the program gives a high workload and difficult assignments, and students tend to have lower GPAs compared to other programs. Would this post students at a disadvantage during recruiting?

@CourantMathFinance Hi, have been hearing people saying that the program gives a high workload and difficult assignments, and students tend to have lower GPAs compared to other programs. Would this post students at a disadvantage during recruiting?

We are known for being a more rigorous and challenging program, so potential employers will take this into account. Also, they will look at your full resume and also assess your suitability for a position through the interviews. Their interest in you will not be determined by only your GPA.

Last edited:
@CourantMathFinance Hi. Since offers have been given out about 2-3 rounds in the last 2 weeks, I'm wondering if there are more offers coming in the following days or week? Or only rejections left later on?

Hello, I would like to ask a few questions regarding the Courant MSMF program.

(1) How have students without prior work experience fared through the employment process
during the summer internship and after graduation? Do they normally have disadvantages in
securing employment or have they performed at a comparable level to peers with experience?
If possible, I would also like to see a detailed placement record for the past students (especially in the recent years of 2023, 2022, 2021).

(2) What is the distribution of the job positions graduate students have gone on to pursue in terms of percentages?

(3) What were typical career outlooks for students who are interested in applying AI and Data Science to asset/portfolio management?
Do they normally begin their career at major investment banks or is it more common to directly go to roles in prop trading shops, private equity,
asset management firms, or hedge funds regardless of AUM?

Thank you very much for your kind reply in advance.

@CourantMathFinance Hi, I heard that the class size of this program will be decreased, is this true? If it’s true, how much would that be? And are there still offers being sent out?
After I enrolled in the program, I received an email from the program director about some details of the program. He did mention that they are reducing the class size this year but didn't mention by how much.

@CourantMathFinance Through your message on quantnet in 2021, I guess, from now on, will you be admitting more applicants only if applicants, who have already been admitted, decline their offer?

Back