• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF NYU Math Finance Deadline Extended

We have completed our first round of sending out acceptance, waitlist, and rejection notices. We are, however, still accepting applications and have pushed the deadline back to April 15. So if you are interested in our program, it is not too late to apply.
 
Do you mean that all applicants before February 8 got their decision? But I didn’t see the decision on the portal. At the same time, I sent to mathfinapp@cims.nyu.edu that I have been accepted by other programs and attached my offer of admission, but I still have a strong interest in the MathFin program. However, you have never responded, and I still cannot know about my decision. May I ask you when I will receive my decision? Or is it that those who haven't gotten a decision now are rejected?I really like this program!
 
We have not yet sent out decisions to all applicants. Only to applicants for whom we have made definite decisions on. We are ralso esponding as quickly as possible to applicants who notify us of a competing offer. Perhaps you could send me a direct message giving me details, so I can look into your situation and let you know what's going on.
 
I'm wondering for those who submitted the application by Feb 8 and have not gotten a response, by when will the decisions be made? Will the results keep coming out gradually in the following weeks? Thank you!
 
I know this is all hard on you all. There is unfortunately a lot of uncertainty these days. In particular, we have a decent number of students who were admitted last year but chose to defer their enrollment until this year. We have also admitted a number of this year's applicants. We do not have a good sense of either how many of the first group will actually show up this year or how many of this year's admitted students will accept our offer. Unfortunately, we can't rely on the numbers from previous years as a guide.

I wish I could be more helpful than this.
 
I know this is all hard on you all. There is unfortunately a lot of uncertainty these days. In particular, we have a decent number of students who were admitted last year but chose to defer their enrollment until this year. We have also admitted a number of this year's applicants. We do not have a good sense of either how many of the first group will actually show up this year or how many of this year's admitted students will accept our offer. Unfortunately, we can't rely on the numbers from previous years as a guide.

I wish I could be more helpful than this.
We applicants do understand how challenging admission season has been this year and how tough it must have been for the committee as well. If only a deadline for admit acceptance be made official both for last year and this year students could help all the interested parties.
 
I know this is all hard on you all. There is unfortunately a lot of uncertainty these days. In particular, we have a decent number of students who were admitted last year but chose to defer their enrollment until this year. We have also admitted a number of this year's applicants. We do not have a good sense of either how many of the first group will actually show up this year or how many of this year's admitted students will accept our offer. Unfortunately, we can't rely on the numbers from previous years as a guide.

I wish I could be more helpful than this.
Yes, I agree with @EverythingPOINT, we do understand this year has been an extra tough year for the admission office as well. At this point, it would be really helpful for us if you can provide just a rough idea about a deadline of when our decisions will be sent. Thank you so much! I really appreciate you for being active here on Quantnet and answering our questions!
 
Yes, I agree with @EverythingPOINT, we do understand this year has been an extra tough year for the admission office as well. At this point, it would be really helpful for us if you can provide just a rough idea about a deadline of when our decisions will be sent. Thank you so much! I really appreciate you for being active here on Quantnet and answering our questions!

Yes, this is why I said I wish we could be more helpful. We are in a situation where we cannot handle too many students enrolling, but we also don't want to admit too few people. So there will be uncertainty for some of you for a while, and I am unable to make any predictions of how long this will take.

A few more comments:

1) If you want to help alleviate the situation for others, please notify any program to which you have been admitted but you have decided you will definitely not attend. That will allow the program to admit an additional student. So if you all could cooperate that way, you will be doing both each other and the programs a big favor.

2) We are in fact way ahead of schedule in our admissions process, when compared to previous years. We will be sending out more notifications (alas, mostly rejections) in the next two weeks. We will be admitting more applicants only as applicants, who have already been admitted, decline our offer. You're welcome to post another query here in about two weeks to see if I have more information I can share about the situation.
 
Does it mean that student who apply in April will only get admitted if previously accepted student decline their offer ?
Yes, this is why I said I wish we could be more helpful. We are in a situation where we cannot handle too many students enrolling, but we also don't want to admit too few people. So there will be uncertainty for some of you for a while, and I am unable to make any predictions of how long this will take.

A few more comments:

1) If you want to help alleviate the situation for others, please notify any program to which you have been admitted but you have decided you will definitely not attend. That will allow the program to admit an additional student. So if you all could cooperate that way, you will be doing both each other and the programs a big favor.

2) We are in fact way ahead of schedule in our admissions process, when compared to previous years. We will be sending out more notifications (alas, mostly rejections) in the next two weeks. We will be admitting more applicants only as applicants, who have already been admitted, decline our offer. You're welcome to post another query here in about two weeks to see if I have more information I can share about the situation.
 
I emailed the admission office twice but still haven't received a response yet. I've already accepted my offer from the other school but I'm still interested in mathfin at NYU.
Did you send it to the email address above? Private message me with the details about your information, and I'll look into it.
 
Top