• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF NYU Mathematics in Finance!!

Has anyone heard from NYU Mathematics in Finance yet?...........................................................I am so wondering when they are going to give out the results!!

No need to panic just yet.
NYU MathFin does not do a rolling admit so they usually wait till they have all the files completed before they evaluate.
NYU GSAS is handling the processing of the files and they are working on it. Like most programs, NYU MathFin will look at the files after GSAS completes its work. The more applicants they have, the longer everyone has to wait. It's one of the disadvantages of not doing rolling admission.

Give it a couple more weeks before the majority of decision is coming out. In the meantime, if you have to answer other program, send Melissa an email. They will try to accommodate and in fact have sent out a some decisions already.

If you don't hear anything by mid April, give them a ring.

Where I can find the Melissa's email from their department website? I cant find any contacts on their website! and also thanks very much for providing me the info!!!!

i feel so lucky because i think of being among first that are admitted.
i think they did so early because i pushed them as i have to reply another program by 30 march.
just got an admission email today.
but it shows they do have started making decision now.
good luck for all here!

thanks..
but i think i have no more things to share than current students' cv on nyu official site.
i just have to say i applied in france, and my gpa, gre, toefl are comparable to but still a little bit less strong than those you can see on the website.

Congrats! Do you have related working experience?
I'm anxiously waiting my result.

Lain,

Could you please share your profile: Gre, work, undergrad degree, etc. It will help a lot. Bye!

Hey,

I sent them an e-mail on Mar, 19th. I enquired about my admission status since I have to reply to Columbia by Mar, 30th. They haven't replied yet. Is it a negative sign to my application? Waiting anxiously...

Hey,

I sent them an e-mail on Mar, 19th. I enquired about my admission status since I have to reply to Columbia by Mar, 30th. They haven't replied yet. Is it a negative sign to my application? Waiting anxiously...

Dun worry, I also sent the email last Friday, and have not received reply yet! I dun think it means something, maybe they saw you email and understand you ask for expedited decision, then they will make it for you without replying your email!

i don't think sharing a personal profile would help much evaluate someone else's probability of admission. but a pool of admitted students would. i realised the quality of applicants they consider does not change significantly from a year to another. so i guess it is rather useful to check profiles of current students -fortunately we get such resources on nyu's site- as a whole, but not focus on a single applicant. that's what i did. someone also asked me test scores which are not included in CVs on the website, but in my opinion, they just want you have recorded a score for them because it's a must on the checklist for proceeding an application, but once you passed, scores don't be taken into account in your application. according to my experiences, when a university says thet don't have minimum requirement for scores, that means there's really no lower bound to get into.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Hey,

in my case, i received a reply that they could not accelerate the procedure only for me after they sent me the congrat email.
then i think it is useless to require them to speed up, because the person sending you results and the one replying your requirement don't seem to communicate between them.

so in fact there is no way to ask for expediation? gosh. Thanks for your sharing and big cong. I hope I can see a similar letter in this week

I wonder if by rushing them you tend to get a rejection more easily. I mean,
if you´re a crap, then it does not matter. You would get a rejection anyways. But, if you´re on the borderline for admission I think it might be harmful to rush them. They might think something like this "Oh this guys may be accepted but look, he is rushing us to give a decision until tomorrow. Well, as I´m not sure about this one, I will reject him since I know that there will be some other applicants similar ,at the same level of this one.". Now, if you know that you are a top of the top applicant, then I think it is optimal to rush them.

What do you guys think about this?

Back