• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF NYU Mathematics in Finance!!

There are about 6 guys on GD who have heard from NYU yesterday. I think you wouldn't have to wait much longer now.

So who is coming to New York City?
Someone should volunteer and scout the area for potential rental places and do a post such as the one Pathak did with Chicago
Off-Campus Housing for Graduate Students: Evidence from Chicago | Quant Network

Given that NYC is a big hub for many popular programs, that could be a top topic.

Since I live about 3 hrs from NYC, I'm going to attend Columbia open house for admitted students on Apr 8. I might do some apt scouting as well if I have time. I'll def post here if I do that. Should be helpful for intl students.

Since I live about 3 hrs from NYC, I'm going to attend Columbia open house for admitted students on Apr 8. I might do some apt scouting as well if I have time. I'll def post here if I do that. Should be helpful for intl students.

Sure it helps a lot, and thank u in advance if u can shed some light on housing in NYC.
Looking forward to your post :)

This gives me a business idea. Maybe I can take deposits from oversea students, arrange for housing in NYC in advance for their arrivals. In returns, I'll earn a month or two of their rents.

Who's in?

Lol Companies already do that.

Also one of the biggest problem is the credit check and so on. Many landlords might not give you the benefit of the doubt for international students.

What would be great is if you could secure a whole apartment building or something of that sort and set up your own graduate housing for MFE students. I think every MFE student would flock there to be around their own kind. There are a plethora of NYC MFE programs now...enough students to always keep your building full.

lol

Lol Companies already do that.

Also one of the biggest problem is the credit check and so on. Many landlords might not give you the benefit of the doubt for international students.

What would be great is if you could secure a whole apartment building or something of that sort and set up your own graduate housing for MFE students. I think every MFE student would flock there to be around their own kind. There are a plethora of NYC MFE programs now...enough students to always keep your building full.

lol

thats not a bad idea. if i dont get a job after graduating from Columbia, i might get into real estate finance and do that. ummmmmm.....

Credit check is a problem for domestic new comers to NYC as well so it doesn't just limit to oversea students who have no credit history whatsoever but bring with them a healthy bank account.
There are some firms that act as middlemen to guarantee credit for a fee.

Quant Network Housing LLC is proud to introduce our newest building in midtown New York City where 300 studios have been built to accommodate the increasing demand for affordable housing among students of various MFE programs in the city.

The Columbia University IEOR department is negotiating with the firm to secure housing for their ever expanding population of students in MFE, MSOR programs. The school estimates 250 or more incoming students may overwhelm their already at capacity infrastructure.

This could really pass for a good April Fool.

Credit check is a problem for domestic new comers to NYC as well so it doesn't just limit to oversea students who have no credit history whatsoever but bring with them a healthy bank account.
There are some firms that act as middlemen to guarantee credit for a fee.

This could really pass for a good April Fool.

hahahahhaha. Man I laughed so hard at the Columbia statements.Columbia mass producing financial engineers under 3 different names. If you don't get into this programs...its okay...we will recommend you to this OTHER program we have...it's good...it's the same thing...you will goto wall street. Goodtimes...give us $5000 deposit.

Quant Network Housing LLC. I think you could go with this.... lol Pick Columbia, or NYU-Poly. Set up contract with any one of them and you will have a constant flow of 200 students filing up the apartment every year. hahaha

2 minutes left till April 2nd.

Back